
I scored some cool new Nike running shoes and found lots of other great deals for my family. Then we were off for Seattle again and as we headed into all of the traffic I realized why I don't go there more often. But it was all worth it when we saw this:
After parking, we walked to the Will Call window to get our tickets Jeremy left for us and then made our way inside. If you've never been to a game there before it is pretty overwhelming. We ran into Jeremy's brother's and found our seats and then I just stared around in awe.

It was just as cool as everyone described. It literally gave me shivers and brought tears to my eyes. I love baseball and softball and one of my favorite movies is "A League of Their Own". There is just something about the roar of the crowd, the smells, the people, that you have to experience in person. Before the game started they had a huge tribute to Ichiro with his highlights up on the big screen and then he came out and bowed to the crowd and that place went crazy! He had just renewed his contract with the Mariners and you can tell the fans love him. It was awesome. This was the best picture I could get of him, but he does a lot of funny things in the outfield.

We were sitting by a whole bunch of Tiger's fans, mostly Jeremy's family and friends.
It's got to be awesome to see your name on the back of a jersey.
It was great to be there with Riley and enjoy each other's company. I know it made him happy that I was having such a great time. It felt like a "real" date. Notice I'm wearing Mariners gear and Riley's sporting Detroit. I was neutral. I cheered for both teams much to the dismay of the Tiger's fans around us.
Jeremy pitched like a stud and recorded his 10th win of the season. He's has the highest win percentage in the American League. He struck out Ichiro more than once and I took this picture the second time he struck him out.

Here comes that wicked slider!
What a stud! Everyone in Pasco should be sporting some J. Bonderman Gear.
After the game we still had to drive home so we blasted any cheesy music we could find on Riley's XM radio to stay awake. A little Journey, some old school hip-hop, it was great. Tomorrow we leave for the coast, we will be staying in Lincoln City, OR for our family reunion until Sunday. Some cooler weather sounds great about now and Kendle can't wait to get her hands on some good beach sand and frolic around looking for shells and playing with the cousins. So until next time, here's where we'll be:





7 comments:
we missed you guys on sunday. Im so jealous, that game sounds sooo cool! like i said, i use him (j. bondo) as one of my claim to fames. "some of my good friends are best friends with J. Bonderman- cool huh?"
What a fun time you had. I love all the pictures. I'm so glad that you were able to get away and have a real date. Doing that is so fun! Have a great time at your reunion this weekend and enjoy that beach for me too!
Have a great time! SERIOUSLY if we are ever in town at the same time we should get together!! :)
Hey Sarah,
Can't wait to see you this weekend (SOOO not looking forward to the windey drive up the coast but...). Yeah, so I drove back from the Bremerton area on Friday as far as Corvallis - took almost 8 hours! (Supposed to be like 5). What a ZOO! Plus Maelin got car sick and was throwing up in the back seat (which let me tell ya - really helped my morning sickness!). Then it was just bumper to bumper traffic the whole way back. I seriously didn't think we'd EVER make it home! I don't know how people who live up that direction stand the traffic. It drove me crazy and I only had to deal with it for one day!
Sounds like a super fun trip. That stadium is AWESOME, huh?
FUN FUN FUN! I love baseball too it is the ONLY sport I enjoy watching. And softball is the only sport I have ever enjoyed playing.
The last Mariners game I went to was still in the kingdome, so I would love to go to one at Safeco!
What fun! I have yet to go to a Mariners game. Maybe this summer.
Have fun at the coast. It's one of my all time favorite places to be.
Mike and I love the pictures! We are so jealous! We usually get to go to 1 game a year, but we'll see if we make it up this summer. Mike won tickets for the August 18th game, but we'll be in Utah :-(
Post a Comment