My uncle attempted to organize everyone by family to get their picture taken, our picture was missing my two sister-in-laws, my mom and my nephew so it's not the full fam, but for some reason our family cannot take a good picture if our life depended on it. Me and Riley always have our eyes closed and my dad is always doing something funny...check these out:
What a train wreck!
After the lunch we headed back to the beach house to relax for a bit. My brother's had been up late the night before getting the new Harry Potter book and they were reading at light speed all day trying to finish it. I kept annoying them by asking them about all of the rumors about what happens in the book and how it ends. Me and Riley decided to go shopping for a bit at the Outlet Mall there in Lincoln City.
We got there with only about an hour left before they closed so we hit two stores and were done. I love finding good deals. I have almost all of Kendle's school shopping done. When we got back Riley took Kendle down for one last walk on the beach. It was just starting to get dark and was very pretty.
Later that night we watched a very funny movie and got packed up to go home the next day. It's amazing all of the stuff you can accumulate. Shells, sticks, toys, sand....it all found it's way into our car for the trip home somehow. Kendle is one of the worst pack rats I know. The next morning we packed up and headed to the Pig 'N Pancake for one last meal together. I have to say that they had the best pancake's and hash browns I've ever had. DELICIOUS!
I sat in the back with the kids on the drive home and we were all passed out two minutes into the drive. I'm sure Riley appreciated the quiet for once. When we were almost to Pasco, Kendle started getting excited that we were almost home. Even after the best vacations, it still feels good to be home in your own bed safe and sound. Back to the hot, hot weather.
This is what our car looked like when we got home - can you believe we took that much stuff?
Pretty scary huh? I'm still putting stuff away from our trip.
Well, that about wraps it up. Looking forward to next years family reunion, I think it's in Wyoming where our family is dedicating a pioneer trail marker or something like that. Hope all of your families trips this summer were/are as fun as ours!




13 comments:
It looks like a great trip, and it's nice to know we aren't the only ones to who pack like maniacs.
Man, Sarah, you took pictures of EVERYTHING! I love it. And, oh, yes, that breakfast was just what the Dr. ordered! MMMmmm. And by the way, I've been craving Grandma's potato soup ever since we left.
Our van is always packed to the hilt too. It's crazy how much stuff we can't live without when we're away from home.
Did you guys stay in Lincoln City? We went there last year and stayed in this fantastic 3 story home. I think it was called the Nelscott Lighthouse. It was huge and fit all of my husband's family and all of the kiddos.
Don't you love a good outlet mall? I'm going to Utah in a few weeks and I plan on doing all of the kids school shopping in Park City. It is my favorite outlet mall ever!
By the way, your hair looks so cute in these pictures! Your sister did a great job. Too bad you guys couldn't get a good shot down on the beach. Maybe next time.
Gosh what did you have in that car of yours??? J/K, we can't talk. Our van is is crammed full too whenever we leave on a trip! What a fun time you had with your family! I'm so glad that you were able to see so many of them. What good times you will remember for a long time! Love the picture of Kendle on the beach. Oh and I love your hair too! I'm surprised it stayed, after all that humidity and rain, mine wouldn't have lasted more than a minute! Cute, cute!
Lovin the template. I also like the outline of green. Very cute!
I love everyone's new templates! Cute choice! Sounds like you had a great trip. Goes by too fast, doesn't it? That family picture cracked me up where you, Riley, and Kendle all had your eyes closed!! What are the chances?! Too fun!
Everyone will have to bear with me while I'm getting this new template figured out. Not sure if I'm going to keep it or not because it doesn't give me as much room. Does anyone else have this problem with theirs?
cute fam picture, i laughed my guts out. all of you are closing you eyes, priceless!
Everyone keeps going to outlet malls and getting great deals! I'm going to have to stop at one on my Utah trip! I'm glad you guys had so much fun. Sorry the pictures on the beach didn't work out...that's a bummer!
Your family sounds like mine when it comes to taking a picture! I am glad that you had such a good time. That looks like so much fun! Love the new template.
dito with kristen about the picture of kendle on the beach. not too many people get pictures at that time of night but it looks so pretty. i love the wave coming in and how stormy it looks. i think i could do with a nice little rainstorm after all the heat we've been having! (as long as it's not on my weekend!)
Those family shots are priceless!
Glad you had a good time!
It's probably a good thing you didn't have a lot of time at the outlet mall, you didn't have any room in your car to bring anything home!
Loved hearing about your trip the other night. Can't wait to do it again. Slug Riley in his ugly face for me.
Post a Comment