Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




July 11, 2007

Off to the old ball game

This is where I will be at Friday night:






I have never been to a Mariner's game, but thanks to our good friend Jeremy Bonderman who pitches for the Detroit Tigers, we scored some awesome tickets to watch him pitch against the Mariners.

If you arn't famaliar with J.B., here are a few stats:



Proper Name: Jeremy Allen Bonderman
Born: October 28, 1982
Kennewick, WA
Height: 6-2
Weight: 220 lbs.
Age: 24
Bats: Right
Throws: Right
Pos: SP
Experience: 4 years
2007 Salary: $4,500,000
College: Pasco (Wash.) HS

• Ranks 1st in AL in WPct (.900)

Jeremy is a hometown Pasco kid and even though I'm a Mariner's fan, you know who we'll be rooting for! But I'm also looking forward to seeing Ichiro who is one of my favorite players of all-time.


I'll be sure to post some pictures of the game. I'm so excited! Now, the important question is what should I wear?



10 comments:

Kris said...

Oh, I want to go away for the game too. How fun! Looks like you guys will have such a good time. Ok, so how good of friends are you with this Jeremy guy? Good enough for him to share some of that Salary money with you to share with me?? Gosh, must be nice to make that much money! I still think you guys should stay the night and stay away as long as possible. :) Have a great time and catch a foul ball for me!! Signed by Jeremy of course! :)

dandee said...

How fun! I graduated with Jeremy's brother and Amber, Jeremy's wife. Have a great time!

hatch said...

Have fun! Dylan actually has a Jeremy Bonderman bobble-head doll!

Anonymous said...

Hey-
I'm in the Seattle area too! (at my sister's house). Have fun at the game...how fun!

See ya next weekend!
Deb

Tallia said...

Mike talks about Jeremy now and then...he's a huge Mariner's fan! He is so happy that Ichiro just signed another contract with the Mariners! Have fun!

Nancie said...

Jealous? Uh, yeah. time away would be lovely. count us in next time!

Katie said...

A Mariners Game is a great experience. My dad took me to a game once. Budget for a 9 dollar hot dog, and have a great time!
-Nan's Sis

Marilyn said...

Sarah, that is awesome that you got tickets to that game. The tickets we had for sale at the auction were for that game as well.

I met Jeremy once at the mall when he and Amber were just dating and he was SO SHY. Is he really that shy all the time?

Marilyn said...

I also forgot to say that I LOVE JASON MRAZ! are you a Jason fan too?

Sarah said...

Marilyn-
I do really like Jason Mraz. And yes, Jeremy is really that shy around people he doesn't know very well. He's more of the strong silent type. He hates publicity and interviews and would rather have someone else in the dugout be on TV. He is very humble and just such a "normal" guy. Every time he's home he hangs out with his old friends. Last week we went to a BBQ for their daughters birthday and he treats you just like you are part of his family. Riley pretty much is part of their family, and so I kind of got adopted into their family too I guess. He walks right up to you, gives you a hug and wants to know everything you've been doing. I think if you're able to keep the right people around you like he's done, you don't let the fame go to your head.