Do any of you love volleyball? I know Nancie does. It's one of my favorite sports to watch and play, boy do I miss those days. But I get to re-live my glory days vicariously through my little sister who will be playing her last year of volleyball this year. There's nothing like watching a perfect pass, to a perfect set, to a monster kill. Where will I get my fix next year after she's graduated? I'm hoping to make it to almost everyone of her games this year.
Kendle starts soccer soon as well, this will be her first year of team play. My husband Riley will be coaching their little group and it should be interesting to say the least. Soccer is not my favorite, but after watching Riley's high school team play in the spring I have to say it's growing on me. Kendle is looking forward to meeting her teammates and scoring some goals. I'll probably be seeing a lot of you other soccer moms down at the field.
And let's not forget football. High school and college, not particularly professional football. There is something so exciting about being at a game and smelling the smells, hearing the cheers, and feeling the excitement all around you. I love to watch college football, particularly Oregon State, and I'm slowly morphing into a WSU fan as well. I know Kristen and her family will be traveling to Corvallis to watch the Beavers play this week, as well as my brother and sister-in-law (check out Debbie's post about the upcoming season) and I have to say I am more than a wee bit jealous. I come from a family of serious football fans, you better really love it where I come from.I'm thinking about doing a little sports update post once a week, since that's what will be consuming my life for the next three months or so. Hey ladies, you never know. You could surprise your hubby with a wealth of sporting knowledge,....or not. Happy game-going/watching.


13 comments:
I love this post! I love Fall for Sports! We are soooo excited about going to see the Beavers play this weekend! GO BEAVS!! It will be so great! You beat me to the punch of posting about sports! This was great!!! I want to go to one of Kendle's games, and watch Nan, coach her team!!! That will be so fun!!
Kristen, you still need to do a post about the game when you get back.
Carson is playing soccer this fall. He is very excited about it. I'm looking forward to it as well since I love to watch him play.
I love to watch College football. There's something about watching college ball that is SO much better than watching the NFL. Maybe it's because every time I watch NFL, I just get mad at the players. They're all so overpaid and for the most part, they seem to be too cocky for their own good. Okay, my rant is over....
Tiffany-
I totally agree with you. The only pro-games I watch are the big ones and the Super Bowl just to see the crazy antics that come along with it.
I love this song! Nothing screams sports more than this song.
Strangely, my favorite sports to watch on TV are golf and tennis, probably because my husband is huge fans of both. But it's always fun!
Sarah,
Ahhh...can't you just feel fall creeping into the air? I love it. We're in Corvallis right now and it is BEAVER MANIA here already.
Debbie
Sarah,
Ahhh...can't you just feel fall creeping into the air? I love it. We're in Corvallis right now and it is BEAVER MANIA here already.
Debbie
I love fall for those same reasons. There is just something about wearing a sweatshirt and heading to an early football game. See you there.
I just love fall because I finally get to put the flannel back on. Whooooo-hooooo!
I can't wait, either. Hopefully we can make it to a PHS Game this year!
brian and i both graduated from kehs so we always have fun going to the football games and seeing people we know and cheering on the lions. then i realize we're in the old fart section and it's a little bit of a downer...
I love fall too, but not so much because of the sports. We aren't really sports people, but maybe that will change now that my kids are getting older.
Post a Comment