
.jpg)
We moved into our new house a couple of weeks after her third birthday and this is what she loved to do day in and day out until we put grass in..jpg)
She would get her farm boots on (rain boots) and spend all the live long day getting dirty and digging to her hearts content.
Then she helped with the sod..jpg)
.jpg)
Kendle couldn't wait to go to school. Every day the bus would come and pick up the other kids on our street and she would stare longingly out the window asking when it would be her turn. We did "school" at home together and she kept me on my toes with her ambition of learning new things. She was already counting down the days until she could go to pre-school the following year. I was too.
.jpg)
She loved to play with her cousins and looked forward to their visits. She loved to go stay with her grandma and grandpa who loved to spoil her and give her lots of treats. My mom started making her "crabby patties", which were just peanut butter and jam sandwiches cut out with a big round cookie cutter.
.jpg)
When she got to be a Sunbeam at church it was like she had won the lottery. She had amazing teachers who had such fun lessons prepared and she looked forward to her class every week. She thought she was pretty big stuff going in the big primary room. Her part in the primary program was to say "I can pay my tithing", but she has a hard time with the th sound and says a v sound instead. I worked with her and worked with her but she still said ti-ving, with an emphasis on the ving, in the program and it was so cute.
There were definitely some hard times in the 3's. Tantrums, yelling, slammed doors, time-outs. Kendle is just one stubborn little girl (I don't know where she gets that from) and we started to really butt heads, I would find myself arguing with a 3 year-old. But in my defense she usually could carry on a pretty good arguement. I finally had to resign to the fact that she is just one of those individuals who has to make their own way in this world and that's that. But at the same time I admired her iron will and hoped it would be an assett for her in the future.
(The many faces of Kendle)


We started a bed-time ritual of a story, prayers, tuck-in, she kisses my cheek, I kiss her cheek, and then as I'm walking out the door I'd blow her a kiss and she'd catch it and put it under her pillow so she would have good dreams. I'd look at her little face on her pillow and wonder how I of all people was sent such a wildflower of a little girl..jpg)
Check back tomorrow for year 4


5 comments:
So so cute!!! I love getting to know Kendle better!
I'm impressed with all of your pictures! It seems like as my kids grew, I just forgot to snap those all too fun moments that made up their day. I regret that now. So way to go Mom!
As I was reading this, I was thinking you could have been telling Hannah's 3 year story too! This song is so perfect too!
Sarah,
I've been going all day, but I just had to read about Kendle's 3rd year of life tonight! I can't wait to hear about the fair, what teacher you got and etc. I'll be calling you in the morning! Anyway, I love this idea, and I love all the pictures that you put on for each year! So cute and I love the one with all the cousins on the tramp! Too cute!
I love the song you used with this post. Kendle she really is one of my favorite little girls. She is so funny! These pictures are all so cute!
Those Christmas pictures are gorgeous. She is a fiesty little thing, but I think it will be an asset to her. She will NEVER be a wallflower, that's for sure.
Post a Comment