Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 12, 2007

Homecoming Queen 2007?

Tonight we will attend my old high school's Homecoming Football game to see my little sister Tamra, who is on Homecoming court this year.



















*Warning: if you are disgusted by shameless bragging, read no further.


I am very excited for her. Just to be on court is fun, you ride out in cool cars during half time, participate in fun activities throughout spirit week, and have a 1 in 5 chance that you could possibly be the next Homecoming Queen. My senior year I was on Homecoming court too, and I think it's awesome that we can share that together even though we're ten years apart. I love that she can be goofy and silly and fun, and then at the same time be one of the smartest people I know. She wears many hats- athlete, academic, leader, goofball, artist, philosopher, writer, friend. If there were requirements to be had for Homecoming Queen I think she would meet them:

-Catch two touchdown passes in the powder puff football game: check

-Write and perform your senior class skit at the pep assembly: check



















-Participate in all spirit dress up days and activities with gusto: check

-Captain of a volleyball team and lead your team to a Homecoming win: check

-All around good person who is kind and friendly: check































I will probably be more nervous for her tonight than she will be herself. So I'm wishing lots of luck her way, but regardless of who is crowned queen, she is already a winner to me!








7 comments:

Nancie said...

yay! vote for Tam!!!!
get bundled up, its gonna be a cold one.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I should have a "Vote for Tamra" shirt on today...let us know what happens, since we would never know anything that's happening if it weren't for you. Who else is on Court with her?

Sarah said...

Deb- I think it's Tam, Jordan Mittlesdorf, Kayla Sullivan, Edson's little sister Yvonne, and another girl I can't remember. For boys there's Daniel Hanson (Tam's escort) Bryce Doherty, Shaine Simpson (Tam's good buddy), and two other boys I don't know. We'll call you after the game.

PDX Toveys said...

Tam has got it together.....hopefully she does not read this (don't want her to get a big head or anything). I'm happy for her and wish we could come, buy Molly's working today and then her and the kids are flying out to Cali to see her sister perform on Catalina Island. Was short notice but since I'm gone most of next week it worked out. Molly did the price line thing and got some discounted tickets for the three of them. Has Riley done any huntin' yet?

tharker said...

Best of luck to your sister! That's so cool. Being 10 years older than your little sister, did you ever think that you would have a cool relationship like this when you were younger? I've heard (since I don't have any sisters) that it only gets better as the sisters age. How awesome for you two!

You guys look alike, especially the last picture.

Kris said...

Go Tam! That is so cool. Sarah, a little bit more info. that I didn't know about. You were on the Homecoming Court. How fun. Tamra sounds like she's got her life together. By the way, she has the BEST Sister!!!! You Rock Sarah!!!

dandee said...

That picture of your sister looks like you with glasses on. Can't wait to hear how the night turned out...