Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




June 16, 2008

Little Man's B-day


















Morgan turned the big 1 on Friday!

Here are some of the things Morgan had fun doing for his birthday:
-Playing in the pool
-Seeing grandma and grandpa and aunt T
-Opening presents
-Eating hamburgers and trying strawberry soda
-Running wild in the backyard.

What he did not enjoy:
-His cupcake. He would not touch it or taste it and actually gagged.

What a whirlwind of a year it's been. It really only seems like a few months ago that he was born, I feel like I'm playing catch up with father time.

I feel so blessed to be this little boy's mother. For the last couple of years, we had been trying to have another baby and when we found out we were expecting, we were overwhelmed with happiness and gratitude. He fills our life with joy and laughter and adds his own extra little something to our family dynamic. It's interesting to see his personality develop and watch him learn and discover new things.

Morgan at this age:
-Running, running, and more running. Tries to run away every chance he gets. He stands on his tip-toes and tries to turn the front doorknob. Scary.
-Loves to be outside and explore.
-Favorite toys are cords, wires, cell phones, remotes; basically anything electrical or that has lots of parts.
-Learning to climb, luckily we don't have stairs.
-Likes to look at books and have his sister tell him stories
-Fights with his sister (yep, it's already started)
-Not a big eater (although you wouldn't guess it by looking at him), likes crackers the best.
-Hates the vacuum.
-Dad's little buddy.
-Stubborn.
-Likes to make us laugh.
-Accident prone, his face for the last two weeks has looked horrible. He needs to slow down.
-Points at me and says "na, na, na", his version of no.
-Smiley, sweet, chubby, loving, loud, crazy, and fun.

It's hard to believe that he went from this:










To this so soon:



Have a great year being 1 Morgan, you're the coolest little guy I know!

14 comments:

Nancie said...

what a stinkin cutie. his infant picture looks just exactly like his daddy. crazy how they grow up sooooo fast (jacks official first day in nursery yesterday)

Nancie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

wow.. what a big sweet boy! It really does go by fast. I can't believe my girl is already 8 months ;)

Melissa said...

wow.. what a big sweet boy! It really does go by fast. I can't believe my girl is already 8 months ;)

Jan said...

What a big boy. You made it to the saying years instead of months.. Way to grow Morgan.

So cute Sarah and sounds like a lot of fun. I just came across a picture of my daughters 2nd birthday. She had the hugest cake with these 2 little candles. I don't even think anybody was there but us either. So funny how we thought we needed to buy that huge thing. I love the cupcake...

Have a great week.

Lisa said...

I can't believe Morgan is one! He is the happiest, smileyist (I know it's not really a word) little guy I know!

PDX Toveys said...

He is a cool little guy! Wish we were closer....I would have eaten' Morgan's cupcake for him, but I bet his dad took care of that?

Heather said...

Man he's too cute!! And for sure there is NO WAY he can be one!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday little morgan. it doesn't seem like long ago we were visiting you in the hospital ;) morgan is a charmer. i'm sure he smiles at everyone but i like to think he gives me an extra big one! :)

tharker said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy! I cannot believe that he is already 1 year old.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, little man! I never did get anything in the mail for him. Do you think he'll hate me forever?

::lindsay said...

Wow! Time flies! He's a cute little guy. Happy 1st Birthday Morgan!

Marilyn said...

Wow! I can hardly believe it! Happy Birthday Morgan, you little cutie patootie!

Kris said...

Little Morgan is one cute boy. He's always so happy. I don't think I've ever seen him be too upset. You and Riley are such a great set of parents. I love that Morgan is Riley's little buddy and good luck preventing him from opening that front door. Once that happens it is NOT fun. :)