Morgan loves to go outside and will stand at the sliding glass door and pound on it and cry until someone takes pity on him and takes him out. He heads straight to the rocks under the swing set and he's probably swallowed a few that I didn't know about. He really likes to follow Riley around and watch him while he mows the lawn. Strange that the vacuum still scares him, but not the lawn mower.
He likes to push things around. Strollers, chairs, toys, stools, basically anything he can get his hands on. The kid just likes to exert his physical power and show off basically. I was laughing so hard the other day when he was trying to push our big computer chair around and he actually grunted. Pure comedy. He makes me laugh a lot.
I've been teaching him where his head, eyes, ears, and mouth are. He'll point to most of them, but when I say "Morgan, where's your nose?" He always grabs my nose. I think I made that beeping and honking sound one too many times. It always makes him laugh though, and it's so cute.
I'm slowly trying to get rid of his bottle, and basically that means just trying to get him to eat more regular food and drink more milk from a cup. I think the night time bottle will be the hardest to let go of because it just comforts him to sleep. He doesn't need it to go to sleep though, so that's a plus. I was telling Riley, when Morgan can walk around drinking his bottle with one hand totally casual like, and then wave it around for good measure, it's probably time to be rid of it.
Overall, he is at a really fun age right now. He's saying a few words, communicates pretty well with what he wants (banging on the pantry door, or standing below the cookie jar and pointing is usually pretty clear that he needs a snack and he needs it now) loves to give hugs and blow kisses, and runs his chubby little legs into the ground every day. If you leave the remote where he can get it, he will literally sprint over to reach it before you get back. He thinks he's pretty sneaky.
Thanks for all of the fun little man!



7 comments:
Hey Morgan, way to grow buddy. You are doing a great job.
I love that little boy. He's getting so big. I love reading everything that you have to say about him Sarah. He is a cutie and is perfect for your family.
He is so darn cute, and growing so so fast.
I love this age! They do so many cute things. Although I agree, Sundays, they're not so cute!
Have you started the "Nursery Countdown" yet? My kids were always angels at church until around 12 months, so every month after that I could check off until they entered the nursery was a big deal!
It just doesn't even seem possible that he's already that old. Time flies when you're having fun, huh? Give him a squeeze for me.
I love hearing about the things I can look forward to in the next 6 months or so. Your Morgan is such a cutie, happy baby (I mean BOY!)
I am glad that Kendle is finally going to have a visit from the tooth fairy and Morgan is such a little sweetie! He just changes every day...I am glad I am close so I can see Morgan and Kendle at least once a week!
Post a Comment