
Sometimes in life there will be instances where no matter how much you try to control what happens, life will take it's own course anyways. Our family has been realizing this a lot lately. We've been watching some family members that are getting older and starting to have some difficulties. I know it's hard for Riley to see his mother suffering and wishing that she would let him give her a blessing.
We've been challenged as a family a lot lately it seems. I'm telling you, when it rains it pours around the Dodson household. Our life is a constant balancing act (as it is for everyone). It's exhausting trying to figure everything out. There are some days where I feel like I don't know ANYTHING. Here is what I DO know:
-You can't make people change if they don't want to
-You can't try to please everyone
-You can't tell your children to be kind if you aren't setting the example
-You can try your best to offer help to people, and if they don't accept it that's OK
-Everyday you can choose to be happy
-You can always start over with a clean slate tomorrow
I'm trying my best not to lose sight of the bigger picture. Our little family makes a pretty good team when we all work together.


7 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Sarah. You do have yourself a good little family. I'm sorry to hear that you've been through some challenges lately. I hope things get a little easier for you guys.
I liked reading about the things you "know." Isn't it funny that while we "know" these things, applying them to our daily lives can be harder than we think!
Amen, sister. Sometimes I so desperately wish I could make decisions for people. It's hard to let them make their own, knowing they'd be so much happier if they'd make other decisions.
Hang in there Sarah. Its just one of those times. It will pass. Thoughts to you and your doing a fantastic job as a mom. Never doubt yourself okay.
Bye for now.
We are here to serve. Call me for anything.
Hang in there Sarah, and keep leaning on each other for support.
I loved your list of things that you know. Each of them are so true.
you know you can tell your problems to me.:) sometimes that kicks the stress level down just a bit. i hope you guys have some good, calm, relaxing times as a family this weekend. you should go out of town for the day and explore one of those little towns you were talking about. or go over to the aquatic center in herm.
I really liked this post Sarah. I loved your list of things that you Do Know. These things are simple reminders for me to remember to make each day a good one. Thanks Sarah. Good Luck with all of your difficulties. I hope it gets better soon!
Post a Comment