
How long is too long to wait in your pediatrician's waiting room with a cranky, high energy baby before you get up and leave and never come back? Is 45 minutes too long? And then after that, you wait in the little room for the doctor to come in for another 20 minutes or so. I need answers people. I can't take it any more. Do you think doctors owe their patients an apology for running that far behind schedule? How about to the little 1- year-old who waited that long, who missed his nap and was hungry, only to get three shots and be sent on his way? No fun I tell you, no fun at all. We have a saying in our household: "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." But in this case, it's if the baby ain't happy, and the little Morgster was NOT happy. I think I'll send Riley next time.


11 comments:
This is such a huge pet peeve of mine. I used to take my kids to a Doctor who never had a long wait in the waiting room but they would put me in the little room forever, a few times it was as long as 45 minutes and that is the worst place to wait. I would rather wait in the waiting room where my kids have some room to play instead of confining them and me in that small room. The last straw was with that doc was the day I waited in the little room for 45 minutes and then he came in did his thing (and did not really even address one of the reasons I was there but thats a whole different story) he told me he would be back with my paper to check out with and then I waited another 10 minutes. I had both Dylan and Chloe with me and they had had it with that little room. I got mad and went to look for him. I found him in his office he had forgot all about me. That was it and I switched Doctors. I understand that they are busy but come on!
So sorry Sarah. Yes they should do some explaining. There is simply nothing worse than having a sick child or tired child waiting for the Dr.
I have your back on this one. Send Riley for sure next time.
Doctors have to cram as many patients in as they can in order to make a living since the insurance companies only pay 75% of their bills. When Marshall graduated Parker, they told him expect a lot of insurance companies to skip out on the bill. If you think it sucks now, wait until we have universal health care and your local doctor's office is run like the DMV.
Going to the Dr. is a huge pain and not fun. With kids it's so hard to keep them from pulling on cords, and breaking everything. I hate waiting and I feel your pain. I think I've only waited less than 30 minutes a handful of times. And I've been to the Dr. a lot over the years. The best appt. ever was with Sydnee's tonsillectomy. That Dr. was so fast and I seriously was called back before I had the paperwork done.
When Audrey was getting her 2 month shots, we waited and waited and waited...then waited some more. We decided that day we wouldn't return to that doctor. And we haven't!
I'm sorry Sarah. That sounds like an awful day.
One of the reasons that I love Shriner's is because we don't ever seem to have to wait too long. They seem to do a great job of recognizing the value of our time as well as thier own. I wish more doctors would do this.
Time to find a new Dr.
for reals what takes so long? you wait and wait some more. then doc comes in for 5 minutes. your mind is racing trying to remember all the questions you had cause once doc leaves you won't see them again til who knows when! do you know what i love? spending hundreds of dollars each month...thousands each year and the only freebie i get is an annual exam! yeah!!! uh, and why are my premiums so high? i don't even go to the dr. when i'm sick cause i don't won't to fork out a $30 copay!! good thing gas prices are so low and i can afford to be so frivelous with my money! :)
Only thing worse: having put up with this same scenario but not being able to switch dr.'s because your county is in a dr. shortage and no dr.'s are accepting new patients...in the entire county! There are a number of people here who have to drive to Roseburg, Medford or Eugene just to see a dr. CRAZY!
I took Cam to the health dept the other day for his shots. this might be rare but i only waited 10 minutes, and there was no one else in the waiting room, filled out paperwork and they gave me a discount and then shots took like 5 minutes. It was great. But that was only one time....
I totally understand how you feel but I have been on the other end of it too. We never know if their was an emergency or something but i still think a nurse or someone should have informed you that he was running late. Some Dr's are dummies! But like someone else said they don't get paid all that much either and let's pray that our government doesn't change what we already have!
Post a Comment