Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




July 21, 2008

Wedding

Saturday evening we attended a wedding for one of Riley's friends he has known practically his whole life, Josh Bonderman. My mom came up to watch the kiddies and here's a picture she snapped of Riley and I before we headed out the door:






















Notice the TV blasting some cartoons in the background? We Dodson's like to keep it real.

It was nice to have an adult evening out, albeit that it would be outside in hot summer weather waiting for a wedding to start (which we got there almost an hour early for), but still we were able to have some adult conversation without being interrupted by little voices demanding snacks, treats, bathroom breaks, or my personal favorite - "I'm bored!"


Their family's backyard was decorated with large white tents with lights attached and underneath were many tables decorated with beautiful flower arrangements. It was completely transformed. Riley and I kept doing double takes, it looked so different. Here are a few pictures I took during the ceremony:




















I was trying to not get the guy down in front in the pictures, but it was very difficult. Why is it that no matter where you are, a wedding, graduation, school concert, there is always that one person in the way?!





















It was kind of a tropical, casual theme. Everyone was wearing flip-flops including the bride and all of the bridal party had big beautiful flowers in their hair.





















We enjoyed visiting and seeing Josh's family. It is always an adventure for me to meet old friends of Riley's and hear their stories from their younger, wilder days. Ha. We gave the new couple our best wishes and then decided to make an early exit before the party got in full swing. Since we were already dressed up we decided to go grab some dinner at O.G. and take full advantage of our night out.

Weddings always make me nostalgic, over dinner we talked about our wedding and reception and all of the things we would have done differently. I was telling Riley that for our ten year anniversary I want to have a big blowout party where we can do all of the the fun things we shoulda, coulda, woulda done. The most important thing about a wedding though, isn't the flowers, or the dress, or the big sparkly ring. It's the fact that you've found the person you want to spend your life with, all the rest is just the icing on the cake.

13 comments:

Heather said...

You guys look great... glad you could have a night out!

Jan said...

I don't know who looks prettier, you or the bride. Wonderful pictures Sarah.

Anonymous said...

cute picture of you and riley. you and me are in the same boat... i told brian i want to have a nice outside party for our 10 year anniv.(next summer!!) we were so excited to get married that i didn't do as much planning/details as i would've liked to. can't be any harder than doing a baptism right?! your dress is faaaaaaabulous :)

Katie said...

cute idea for a wedding theme. I like casual...

Hott dress, too

Kris said...

I'm so glad that you bought that dress when we went out. It looks like you fit right into with the theme of the wedding. You guys seriously look great. What a fun night to get away together. Glad you were able to get away and got to reminiece. I love that about weddings. Jack and I do the same thing.

PDX Toveys said...

I think we should all head to Hawaii next summer with Debbie and Rich and we just celebrate our 10 year a bit early! With no kids of course!

Jer

tharker said...

I love the picture of the two of you. Our background would look exactly the same as your's..TV..way to keep it real Dodsons!

The wedding looks lovely. And how nice for you guys to be able to enjoy some adult time!

Julie said...

love the dress! Every wedding I go to just makes me sad that I didn't care at the time about mine, but I did get me a good husband so I guess that is all that counts!!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, Hawaii next August. I think we have Jer and Molly completely on board with us...just waiting on you and Riley now!

I love weddings too. I went to one at the beginning of the month. Always makes me reflect on how lucky I am to have had the opportunity to marry the best guy in the world (for me) and that I never have to do it again! Ha! If I had to do it again...I'd just elope. Vegas has a temple, right?

Lisa said...

Is that the pro baseball player? Kinda cool just to say that you were at his wedding!
You guys do look great- you look like you totally "go" together.

Sarah said...

Lisa-
It was Jeremy's older brother Josh that got married. Jeremy was one of his groomsmen, they are like Riley's second family.

Marilyn said...

Sarah, you look gorgeous!

What a fun, relaxed wedding.

Nancie said...

yeah, that dress was super cute. you look fab.