I understand that from time to time dogs bark. It's part of their nature. Ironically, our dog Bogie never ever barks. You would never even know we had a dog for the most part. Unless he is threatened, he is the quietest dog I've ever seen. For a long time we didn't even know if he COULD bark, we just got lucky with him somehow. The source of my frustration is our neighbors dogs. They have three dogs. Two of those dogs bark all day long. If you have ever heard a chihuahua bark non-stop all day long, you can understand that it will slowly drive you crazy. And not just a little crazy, like mad-crazy where you want to throw something over the fence at it and put it out of it's misery. The owners are gone most days so they are not even home to see why the dogs are barking. This afternoon after I put Morgan down for a nap I decided to take a book outside and get some fresh air for a little while. The non-stop barking made it impossible for me to even read. I come back inside to lay down for a bit and try and take a nap. Nope, can still hear it. I know it's got to be driving everyone on our block crazy too.
Should I:
a.) Ignore it and suffer in silence hoping they will eventually learn to stop
b.) Talk to the neighbors about why their dogs are barking and see if there is something they can do or,
c.) File a noise complaint and let someone else deal with it
What would you do?
May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Are your neighbors nice? I think I would talk to them. We had some neighbor dogs that barked alot and another neighbor mentioned it to them and they felt terrible (they both work all day). they did get their dogs to stop barking. I always make sure to ask our closest neighbors to see how our dogs are on the days I am gone for long periods of time, because I would never want to be "that" neighbor! :) I'm sorry...that is a pickle.
BUMPUS's!!! Nothing worse than noisy dogs. I might just let them know that their dogs do bark...ALL DAY LONG! They probably have no idea and would be mortified that they are bothering everyone (because I'm sure it's not just you). I'd make Riley do it! Ha!
Buddy is barking as I type! I think it's annoying and he's our dog! I like Debbie's idea of having Riley talk to the neighbors. Seriously, it's so annoying, so good luck!
we have a yapper next door too and I am about ready to spray it with vinager when it comes close to my fence. Johnny tries to get it with the weed wacker sometimes. So annoying!!!
Post a Comment