My favorite gift: having my daughter wrap her arms around me and tell me I'm the best mom ever. I'm not always the best mom, but I feel lucky to have children who can forgive my shortcomings and love me anyway. Being a mother requires selfless service, an unending supply of patience, and being humbled time and time again - all of which are extremely difficult. There is a quote that says:
"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."
Being a mother is hard work, but it is the best work.

*Thanks to my super sister-in-law Debbie, I got quite the Mother's Day shout out. Check out my few minutes of fame here. :)


9 comments:
happy mother's day sarah...glad you could make it to church. it was a great sacrament meeting. we're lucky to have so many people that work hard to make mother's day sunday so special. and we even got spoiled with beautiful weather! :)
It sounds like your mother's day was great! I'm so glad!
It was good to see you at church today- even if only for a bit. Happy mother's day!
Glad you had a good Mother's Day! Hope little baby let's you get some good sleep tonight...
Loved the video all about you! So cute. I love the quote too. That's so true about moms. Glad you got some thoughtful cards for Mother's Day and I'm glad I was able to glance over at you for just a minute at church. Hope you got some good rest.
It was good to see you at church! I am glad that you had a good mother's day. I didn't get my kiss either. Who are they kidding give a 2 yr old a kiss and expect it to make it to mom?
great post. Im glad you got out of the house even for a minute.
Debbie is sooo clever!!
So glad you had a good Mother's Day!!
Yeah, I'm not that clever. Someone sent the video to me. All you have to do is put in other people's names and e-mails and "it" does all the work for you.
Post a Comment