Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




May 1, 2009

I wish I had some positive news to report or fun things to write about. For the last few days I've been on a downward spiral of feeling horrible. Over the weekend I felt like I might be starting to shake off the worst of this morning (afternoon, night, all day) sickness, but the last few days have reminded me that it is far from over. It is such a depressing feeling when you can't get any relief or comfort. I'm calling today to see if I can get a new prescription for something stronger. I'd prefer to just be taken to the hospital and knocked out for the next couple of weeks if they would do that sort of thing.

In my channel surfing the other night, I was watching that "17 kids and counting" show about the Duggar family on TLC. They were in New York City on vacation with their huge family and the mom was pregnant and experiencing some morning sickness of her own. I was like, how in the heck can that lady take her 17 kids to New York of all places when she's feeling sick? I can't even get off the couch to see what my almost 2 year old is getting into in the pantry. That made me feel really pathetic, but I just feel totally debilitated by the puking, the stomach pains, and the constant nausea. Just trying to get dressed is a huge chore at the moment. Riley was asking me how bad I felt, and I told him to just imagine the worst flu he's ever had x's 10 and it lasts for weeks.

It's just so discouraging when you would love to have lots of children, but the prospect of being sick like this more times in the future kind of puts a damper on things and makes you question your sanity.

Sorry if this sounds like a huge whiner post, but I don't even care. I guess that's what living on cheerios and water will do to a person.



*Thanks to everyone who has lent us a hand the last few weeks. It means a lot!


***Update: I FINALLY got a prescription for the good stuff this afternoon. Never mind that my awesome husband had to call our insurance company and converse (argue) with them for half an hour becuase they were only going to give me 7 pills - yep that's right 7 pills. Seriously? Why is making people feel better by getting what they really need such a scandal for the insurance companies? Riley saved the day and they are giving me enough for the next two weeks. He's my hero for the week! I'm so glad my husband has some tough negotiating skills. I'm crossing my fingers that these help me return to a somewhat human state.

10 comments:

::lindsay said...

I'm so sorry your are feeling so yucky still. Well, I think that Duggar lady must not get as sick as some people...or she would have 17 kids! Hopefully they can give you some stronger medicine.

Anonymous said...

i hope you get those meds...either that or switch doctors! i know it's hard being sick but even then there are still blessings...like not having a cold or other ailment along with it. get as much rest as you can, i know for me, being tired(or stressed) just added to the nasaeu.

Julie said...

Oh Sarah I am with you about haveing more kids! I am sorry you aren't doing as great! Next week I will come get Morgan again! So are you praying that they don't make the playoffs so you can have your husband back? Somedays I am!!! I hope your weekend is better!

Heather said...

10x might be a little generous... I'm leaning more times 100x worse.

I hope it gets better, soon. It won't last forever, even though it feels like it when you have your face constantly plastered to the toilet.

Don't compare yourself to Michelle, I guarantee her morning sickness is NOTHING.

PDX Toveys said...

Go Riley!!! Medical insurance companies only care about one thing ($) and it's not patients. Your insurance is trying to limit the amount of pills to keep their costs down and so that they can get more copays out of you. We need health care reform in the US.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're getting the goods...what happens after 2 weeks? how many pills will you be getting now? all i can say is ration them....ration them like gold...and hand sanitizer! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I will cross my fingers for you in hopes that your new meds do some wonderous miracles for you. Kudos to Riley for his persistance.

tharker said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get another medicine. I really hope it works!

I bought a pineapple today at Yoke's and it has been the only thing so far that hasn't left me feeling absolutely miserable. Maybe I'll just live on fresh pineapple for the next several weeks ;)

Kris said...

Hopefully you can get feeling better soon! Now that you bring this up about only getting 7 pills, I think that's what they tried to do with me. It vaguely sounds familiar. At any rate, your husband is a stud. Hopefully we'll see the not sick Sarah this week. :)

hatch said...

I hate insurance companies when they pull that crap! Good job Riley!