Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




May 18, 2009

Spring Happenings

I have not felt like blogging much lately, but I've been getting behind a bit on what everyone has been up to.


Kendle has been playing tee-ball and had her last game on Saturday. I am excited for her to move up and play in a softball league next year. Here are some pictures Riley took:
























She has improved a lot this year and it is fun to see her confidence level go up. Saturday we also had our primary talent show and she sang "The Star Spangled Banner". Riley had been telling her if she learned the song and practiced really hard, that "maybe" she could sing at some of their soccer games next year. I was really proud of her, it is a hard song to sing and she did a great job. Since I have not felt very good, she did most of her practicing on her own. Kendle is also super excited for school to be out and is ready for summer. She has already been swimming in the neighbor's pool and running through the sprinklers.



Morgan has been liking this warm weather and enjoys playing outside in the dirt and on the slide. Thanks to some great friends in our ward, he's been lucky enough to have lots of play dates and get out of the house for some fun time (which has been much appreciated). He is getting so big and I can't believe he'll be 2 years old next month. We've already been practicing for him to say how old he is. He is starting to talk a lot more now to where we can understand him and some of his new fav's are: outside, treat, and something close to "go with dad". He's liked watching Kendle's ball games and I can tell we'll have no problem talking him into playing when he's older.





















Riley is done with soccer now and has been catching up on yard work and other little projects. It's nice to have him home again in the evenings to help wrangle the kids and entertain them. He's been having some awesome months at work and is already dreaming of his new smoker grill he wants to buy. He's looking forward to a relaxing summer and his wife feeling better.


I'm still not feeling very well, but at least I was able to get a new prescription for Zofran and we found it at a cheaper price since our insurance won't cover it. It helps a lot though and is worth every penny. I have enjoyed sitting outside in our backyard in the evenings and watching the kids play and feel a little breeze. I love when it starts to feel like summer. Now I just need to hurry up and start feeling better so I can enjoy it. From about 5:00 in the evening on is my worst time of day and I try to just do what I can to make it through. I'm 11 weeks today and looking for that light at the end of the tunnel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you've come somewhat back to life. Aren't drugs great?

Zack has his first baseball game tonight. Should be interesting...

Julie said...

I am so glad that you found your drugs! I know that will help you feel so much better!

Kris said...

Kendle did a really good job on Saturday. I can't believe how she was hitting all of those notes. It was super cute. I bet you are so glad that baseball and Riley's soccer is over. What a relief. Morgan is so cute and you take care of yourself. I hope that you can start turning that corner soon!

Marilyn said...

Sarah, I am so sorry that you have been feeling so crummy. I remember those days of endless morning sickness like they were yesterday...I was the sickest with Madeline and I lost 30 pounds and it was just horrible, so I hope it gets better for you. It will, of course, I just hope it's sooner rather than later!