Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 22, 2009

29 Weeks





























I had another ultra sound yesterday and got to have another look at what these babies are up to at 29 weeks. Both of these pictures are of baby "B" and his knee was in front of his face so he is kind of smushed. Baby "A" would not turn his little head around so we could get a good enough picture of him. They were both moving all over and giving the tech a hard time to get good shots and the things she needed.


Both boys are looking great and weighing a little over 3 pounds each at this point. Heart rates are good and I already knew they were very active, so no surprise there. The movement is all day long and I'm constantly feeling little hands or feet pushing out. Baby "A" is facing head down (maybe he will be the obedient child, ha) and baby "B" is feet down.


The bigger and farther along I get, the harder these ultra sounds are becoming. I can't stand laying on my back and feel like the wind has been knocked out of me. I was so embarrassed because I thought I was going to pass out and had to keep stopping the tech so I could sit up and take some big breaths. I've been feeling lately like an elephant is sitting on my chest. I was getting all tingly with pins and needles so she went and got me a fan which did help quite a bit. Still, the thought of having these every other week from here on out is not too enticing. Very much worth it though to know that everything is as it should be and the little guys are safe and sound in this big tummy of mine.


I'm getting so anxious now to finalize names. Riley and I have been having discussions about which baby gets which name. How do you decide who is who? We talk all of the time about what these little baby boys will be like, how we will handle two crying babies, how the other children will adjust to the big change and so on. We usually end up just shaking our heads and not finding any good answers, just knowing we will have to figure it out as we go along.


This pregnancy seems like it has lasted forever, the majority of it has not been very pleasant, but I've been trying to take a little time each day to just sit quietly and think about what a blessing this is for our family. Knowing this is most likely our last time for babies is very bitter sweet. I know years from now I will look back on this time and what an amazing experience it was.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

I cannot believe how clear that picture is!--And how squished that baby looks.
I can't wait to hear their names. Maybe just say, the first one born will be x and the second will be y...? Or have two names picked out and then see who looks like what?
Now I just need a belly picture!

Anonymous said...

your lucky to get to see these babies so much before they are born. how fun to get an idea of what they look like. i really like how you said most likely...it's a difficult thing to say good bye to those less than stellar pregnancies and baby years.

momtovey said...

Awww, my new little grandsons!! Can't wait to meet them! Hang in there!

PRP said...

What great pictures! I too am anxious to hear the names. That's always my favorite part! Good luck with the next few weeks....you'll do great!

Kris said...

I can't believe that it's been 29 weeks. That's crazy, but I know it's been long and painful for you. These pictures are great. I can't wait to hear what you guys decide on these little boys' names. So exciting. Your experience getting an ultrasound brings back so many memories. Hang in there my dear. I need to watch Morgan again soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait to meet these cute little guys!!!

Maybe you should let Kendle decide who gets what name. Good question though...how do you decide???

Hang in there! It'll be over before you know it!

PROUD MOMMY said...

I was just thinking those same thoughts about the names...who is who, etc. So glad they are both doing so well. BTW I love that pic of you in the green that is on your profile now!

tharker said...

These are great pictures, but you can definitely tell there's not much room in there ;)

Hang in there, you're getting close to the finish!

PDX Toveys said...

Those are great pictures. Now, if the ultrasound tech is making you lay flat on your back that is just cruel. Most people will have trouble breathing when a big belly is pressing on your diaphragm! Having twins is an amazing experience and I am so glad everything is well with your pregnancy. If Jer and I can manage to keep our pair out of trouble, I know you and Riley will be outstanding parents to your twins!

hatch said...

It is amazing to me what you can see with ultra sounds now! So awesome!
I cannot wait to meet these cute boys!

The Hansen Family said...

I remember those awful ultrasounds. You are in so much pain on the table and I would have the hardest time getting up. After finally getting up, I was bent over like an old crippled lady because I had pain shooting in my hips and back. Does that happen with a single pregnancy? I am excited for you.

Sarah said...

Jona-
I never felt that bad during Kendle or Morgan's ultra sounds, but I only had a few with them. Getting them every other week is becoming something I don't really look forward to anymore.