Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 4, 2009

End of the Week - Fall is Coming

This busy week is finally coming to a close. I felt a sigh of relief as I got Kendle off to the bus a few minutes ago. September is just one of those crazy busy months where you feel like your whole family is going in completely different directions. We only had one sit down family dinner this week, and we were lucky to do that. Almost every day has been filled with errands, meetings, practices, and work. I hope that soon, (SOON!) I can finally slow down and enjoy these last few months before the twins arrive. Not likely, but I can hope.

It's been hard trying to get ready for these babies to be born. Not knowing really when they are coming is the most difficult thing. I guess one never really knows exactly when their babies will be born, but Kendle was born on her due date and I was induced with Morgan a week before his. So I'm used to being able to count on dates and plan accordingly. As of right now, both babies are average size and weight according to my last ultra sound. My doctor told me I could have really healthy big (by twins standards) babies and could go almost full term with my good track record, (good track record of having 9 and 10 pound babies!?) so December or November is the question. In my mind, I keep picturing having some adorable little swaddled up bundles by Thanksgiving time.

We watched our first college football game last night, which always makes fall a little more of a reality to me. This morning Kendle went to go look outside the window and said "brrrrr mom, the window is cold!" She decided she needed a little jacket to wear to the bus. I love the first few weeks of fall when the mornings turn a little crisper, but the days are still sunny and warm. I go into baking mode, partly because I love treats and partly because I love the way it makes my home smell and feel. For dinners, hearty soups and stews start filling in the weekly menus. Everything starts to feel a little bit cozier.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing Labor Day weekend with the family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE fall. And by the way, we're hoping for some Thanksgiving-ish babies for you as well (selfishly) so we can see them while we're up there!

Doesn't some pumpkin pie sound good about now?

PROUD MOMMY said...

Whew...at least we aren't the only ones going in a million different directions! I am feeling stretched thin. Glad to hear the boys are so healthy...maybe those 9/10lb babies are actually working out for your benefit. More than I could handle...you are quite a woman, Sarah! Have a great weekend!

tharker said...

I'm totally getting the itch to start my fall baking too. I also can't wait for those crisp mornings to begin. I adore everything about fall!

Isn't it crazy to think that your babies will be here in just a few months? I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

relax, eat something delicious, do something fun. you and kendle should go get pedi's. sounds like you've both had a week!!! :) shoot, get one for riley too! :) :)

hatch said...

Oh I love Fall.
Sounds like you deserve a day to just relax and bake something yummy!

::lindsay said...

I absolutely love fall. It's my favorite time of the year. I can't wait to meet your babies. I hope that the next little while you can start slowing down a bit with your schedule though!