
Yesterday was one of those days where I was just dead on my feet by the end of the night. The kids and I were all in bed by 9:00. Is anyone else suffering from first day of school hangover? I'm hoping today is less crazy. Kendle was off to catch the bus this morning by 8:00 and Morgan is just waking up. He is starting to not take naps as well in the afternoons, which means that by 5:00 when I'm getting dinner ready he is a little beast and very cranky, which in turn makes me pretty cranky. Last night was a perfect example of that as he laid on the kitchen floor throwing a huge tantrum. Riley was gone to coach soccer by 5:15, so I told Kendle I'd make her whatever she wanted for dinner in honor of her being back in school and she wanted french toast. That sounded good to me too. It's amazing how some yummy food can calm everyone down and pretty soon the kids were munching away and happy as can be. I felt like a magician with my magic spatula in hand.
Today will be a lot slower paced and relaxed, (not counting piano and soccer, but I don't have to deal with that until later in the afternoon). I'm thinking positive that it is going to be a good day!


5 comments:
here's to day 2. unfortunately today has started out crazier than yesterday. i'll be counting down the days til next summer! :)
Hopefully your day 2 will be smooth sailing!
I am tired too today. This whole week is going to be a crazy one.
I can just picture you in your kitchen with your magic spatula in hand!
I hope you got to relax a bit today.
I want a magic spatula!
The first week back is always a rough one. Getting back into routine always takes us a few days to smooth out the kinks.
I hope that by tonight you're feeling a lot better than last night.
Here's to day 3!! Hopefully, it gets smoother as we go! Only had one little girl wave at her mom as the bus drove by her house. Gotta love 5 year olds!!!
Post a Comment