Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 28, 2009

Over the Weekend

My life is not very exciting, but last Friday I got a pleasant surprise - my mom called to see if I wanted to meet her in Kennewick and she'd take Morgan home to spend the night. She could tell I was needing a little break and I knew Morgan would be thrilled. He was so excited to go stay and enjoyed going to the Homecoming football game, driving grandpa's truck, and getting all of the toys and attention to himself.

So Friday night we took Kendle out to dinner for some one-on-one time and then did some much needed grocery shopping. It seemed to take forever and I wasn't sure I was going to make it out of the store. It was safe to say I was walking at a snails pace and holding up the show. I told Riley that might be one of my last big shopping trips, just too much walking. We finally made it home and had some root beer floats per Kendle's request. It was a good way to end the night and it was nice to spend some alone time with Kendle.

Saturday we all managed to sleep in a little (for Kendle that means about 7:30ish) and it was a nice relaxing morning. We met back up with my mom and Morgan at Kendle's soccer game at 1:00, Riley's club team had an away game in Spokane. Kendle's team played a really good, very fast, very well coached team and by the end of the game the girls were exhausted. Kendle still managed to score a goal and do some good things on defense. I do my best to yell helpful advice from the sidelines. I'm totally one of those moms. Riley's team ( 3-Rivers Rage) won their game, are leading the league, and had the game of the week.

After the game my mom took Kendle to go see "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" in 3-D and they said it was great. After that they stopped by the Halloween store and came home with a big hairy spider you hang on the wall that crawls up and down on a string when it hears noise. Kendle and Morgan got a big kick out of it and were squealing and yelling every time it moved.

Sunday was our ward primary program and it was really great to see all of the preparation and hard work pay off as the children said their parts and sang the songs we've been learning. Kendle did a good job with her part and she just makes me smile with her little personality. I got released from being the second counselor in the primary presidency during sacrament meeting and it was really bitter sweet for me to watch all of the children and think about the funny and cute things they have said or done during my time serving in primary. It was strange to think I won't have to rush off after sacrament meeting is over anymore and I will miss seeing all of those children every week. I'm sure every primary feels this way, but I really think we have some of the best and sweetest children in our ward. They are a really special group. It was funny when I told the sr. primary it was my last Sunday they all yelled Nooooooo! I had to laugh out loud, but it made me feel good they would miss me just a little bit. I had to promise to bring the babies back in for a little show and tell after they're born. I will miss working with the other ladies and the teachers too - I was just lucky to be surrounded by great people all around.

After church I just came home and crashed. I have been coming down with a bad cold all weekend and it was taking it's toll. It's hard when you are already short of breath because you're pregnant and then you are stuffed up on top of that. So I just relaxed and rested the rest of the day and it felt really good. I needed to recharge a bit for the coming week.

Here's to the start of a new week which will bring cooler weather, the start of a new month, and of course more soccer!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

a new month is almost here, before we know it it will be halloween. not sure if that's good or bad :)

::lindsay said...

Good to get an update and hear what you've been up to. I'm sure it was bittersweet getting released from your calling. All those kids LOVE you! Take good care of yourself, Sarah. IF you need anything, let me know.

Anonymous said...

Wow - you already had your primary program?!!? Way to be on top of things!

We're thinking about taking the kids to Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs this weekend. Unfortunately, we live in a super lame area where there is no 3-D available, I'm sure. We'll enjoy it anyway. Can't wait for Where the Wild Things are to come out!!!

Heather said...

You are always on the go. Seriously, just reading this makes me feel lazy. ha!

It's always sad to be released, but nice to know you'll be missed.

Marilyn said...

I cannot imagine how tiring it would be to be carrying around two babies...in your belly...all day long. What a sweet mom you have, to take Morgan for the night.

Kris said...

Getting released from Primary is one of the hardest things. I know that my kids will miss you so much. What a special treat that your mom came and helped with the kids this weekend. That's always so fun for the kids and a huge help for you. Hooray for a new month. When you are pregnant that's a huge thing!

PRP said...

Aren't grandma's the best?

I'm glad you're taking it a bit easier and getting some much needed rest. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything!

Tana said...

Meredith was one of the sad ones in Sr. Primary. She told me all about it when she got home on Sunday. Enjoy the little break you have right now so you can soak up some quiet time at Church for a change.

tharker said...

Your mom is awesome! I love that she took Morgan and she also took Kendle out to a movie. I'm sure your kids loved every second they were able to spend with her!

I hope you're able to get lots of rest in these last handful of weeks. You're getting close Sarah!!

Julie said...

What an awesome mom you have! I am glad you got some alone time with Kendle and I am sory you are under the weather! Yuck! Let me know if you need anything!