Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 14, 2009

Weekend in a Nutshell














-Date night of P.F. Chang', shopping, and ice cream.
-Planted some mums
-Cleaned house and made snickerdoodles - yum!
-Kendle had three goals - an awesome assist - and super good defense in her first soccer game of the season.
-Enjoyed the sun and glorious weather (although a little hot for this time of year).
-Coach Riley's team won their game.
-Kendle had a fun night playing with cousins.
-Watched the AMAZING Jessy J at the Jazz and Blues concert at Columbia park. Can't even describe how talented she is.
-Ate the best carnitas known to man kind.
-Had dreams about said carnitas.
-Watched the Oregon State Beavers pull out a nail biting victory.
-Had really great quality time with friends and family.
-Kids and mom in bed by 8:45 last night, all tuckered out from the fun.

6 comments:

PRP said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I go sure go for some PF Changs about now! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I about had a heart attack at the end of that Beaver game.

Sounds like a great weekend!

I think Zack's baptism will be the first Saturday in November, but I'm not completely sure. I will obviously understand if you can't make it. That's a pretty long drive for a very pregnant lady!

Kris said...

Glad you were able to enjoy the weather, some good music, yummy food, and have dreams about your food. That's funny! Love the weekends that are fun!

Anonymous said...

busy "fall" weekends right? that was some hot weather on sat. can't wait for my mums to bloom.

tharker said...

PF Chang's does sound so yummy! So glad you got out for a fun date night.

The whole weekend sounds like it was great. What are Carnitas, by the way? Now I'm totally curious.

Sarah said...

Tiffani-
Carnitas are slow cooked and shredded pork that's kind of carmelized. Some people like it crispy and then sometimes you see it simmered with a sauce. Usually you eat them like little tacos on those minature white corn tortillas. Good ones literally almost melt in your mouth. The ones I had this weekend were served with an delicious mildy spicy gaucamole sauce and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.