Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




November 5, 2009

Family Update

I feel like my blog has been totally focused on everything pregnancy related and lots of babytalk, so I thought I would give a little update on what everyone else in the family is doing before I get too behind to remember.


*Riley has been killing it at work and was the top salesman in his whole company for the last few months. He beat out all of the guys from the bigger areas like Seattle and Salt Lake which should be nearly impossible. He told me these babies have been some good motivation for him. For his "second job", (even though he gets paid it is really more of a hobby) he's been coaching a U-14 girls club soccer team, the Rage, who have been in first place in the state league premiere 1 division. He is an excellent coach and is always looking for ways to improve his team and help his players. We have been so impressed with these girls on his team, they play better than a lot of high school teams and are very coachable. I've also been keeping him busy in what little spare time he has doing random projects and honey do's. He has been a big help to me the last few weeks doing things like making trips to the store at odd hours, helping pack lunches, fold laundry, and rubbing my sore, tired, and swollen feet, not to mention listening to my constant complaints and ramblings.




*Kendle had her last soccer game on Halloween. She did pretty good this year and I think has a knack for playing defense. She has been watching too much older girls soccer and likes to stay back analyzing the game instead of being right in the little cluster of six girls all trying to kick the ball. She would wait for the ball to get kicked back to her and then take off with it. She also says she wants to play goalie. I think she will really have more fun once they get into position playing. This is her first year taking piano lessons and she has been really enjoying it. She likes to sit at the piano and sound out songs she knows, which is funny because I used to do the exact same thing at her age. Right now she really wants to learn how to play the Oregon State fight song on the piano. I have no idea why? She loves to read and goes through books as fast as she can get her hands on them. I think she would go to the library at school every day if she could. I wish we didn't butt heads at home so much, but I am glad she saves up all her goodness for school and when she's with other people. She brought home a prize certificate on Monday that she got for being really quiet during their library time and I'm thinking, "wow, she is usually the most NOT quiet little girl." I guess she will continue to surprise me. She really enjoys her little friends from school and is always coming home with little pictures or nice notes that they write to each other. Also, she is getting taller just since school started. I should be better about measuring and keeping track of that sort of thing, but she just seems huge to me lately. In addition, her other front tooth that seems like it has been missing forever is finally starting to come in. Yay for that!



*Morgan is my little buddy still and I joke that he is a little man-child. He is so particular about how he likes things and is pretty neat and tidy for a 2 year old boy. He likes to have his routine in the morning - sausage and eggs for breakfast, take a shower or bath, get dressed, help mom clean up, etc... One of the cutest things is that he tucks his slippers (has to wear those slippers) right under the bed so he can easily slip them on when he wakes up in the morning. He plays pretty hard during the day and lately instead of real naps in his bed, he has taken to passing out in a comfortable spot. The other day I didn't know where he had gone to, and I found him snuggled up in our bed and yesterday he got a blanket and went to sleep in the recliner. At this point I don't care where he takes a nap, just that he's still taking one if he's tired enough. He is talking so much now and it is fun to be able to have little conversations with him as we go through out our day. He loves to go to church and asks me about it every day. He likes to go see his "buddies" in nursery. Any time we leave the house (and most of the time at home) he is always wearing a hat. I've never seen a little boy that liked to wear hats so much. The thing that gets me is how he knows how to pull it on and adjust it until it's just right. It makes me smile every time. I think he is just so adorable and he melts my heart on a regular basis.




Well, I guess that pretty much sums it up for now.


4 comments:

Kris said...

You guys have been busy. Riley's an awesome soccer coach. I'm so impressed with his sales. That's so great. I love how Morgan is your little buddy during the day. It's always entertaining when kids fall asleep in random places. Too cute! Kendle is so cute. Love that soccer picture.

tharker said...

I love the little monkey jammies that Morgan is wearing. He is so cute!

I'm glad Kendle had a great season. It's fun to watch your child find something that they love and just run with it.

Anonymous said...

That little Morgster just cracks me up. What a fun little guy.

I am not surprised that Riley is doing so well at work. He's awesome. I think he'd make a super good lawyer. Ha!

Anonymous said...

kendle reminds me a lot of em. i could sum them up in 3 words...spirited, smart and soccer