Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




November 4, 2009

Hold Up, Wait a Minute

**I'm 35 weeks and two days pregnant, but who's counting?**

Well, the jokes on me for thinking everything was planned out and I could relax knowing how things were going to go down in the next week or so. At my appointment today we found out BOTH babies are now facing head down, and now we don't really know what is going to happen. Doctor S. had me keep my surgery date for next Thursday just in case, but I am going back in for another appointment before that on Tuesday to get another ultra sound and see what's up. This is good news, since I was not too thrilled with the idea of getting a c-section, but I'm not sure if I should get my hopes up just yet. I'm dilated to a 3 or 4 so I guess anything is possible at this point. There is the chance that Baby B could turn again, or that I might get induced. Basically the message of the day was be prepared for anything. So that is what I will try and do - these babies will be born some way or the other. All I know is that I'm breaking their office record for the biggest tummy measurements. HA! It is essential to keep a sense of humor in these type of situations.

Meanwhile, I am trying to "take it easy" and relax with my elephant feet propped up as much as I can. I've been having some numbness issues in my right leg, so that is keeping me from doing too much at this stage of the game. I have been having some luck with trying to get my family to jump on the "keeping the house clean bandwagon", but I would have to say Morgan wins the prize at this point for putting his things away where they go. Also, I am in full night feeding training as I have been waking up every two hours like clock work for the last month or so.

Well, I'm off to go eat some yummy lunch and arm chair parent for the rest of the afternoon.

8 comments:

hatch said...

Wow! It is true, things do not always go as planned. You are right though, one way or another these babies will get her!

Kris said...

That's awesome that Baby B is cooperating. Crazy how things can change so fast. I can't wait to hear what happens. You better text/call me on my cell phone next week while I am away. It will be such an exciting week for you! Enjoy relaxing those elephant feet. That's awesome that you are dilated so much. Everything will turn out great! I'm so happy for you!

PRP said...

Hooray for Baby B! Yikes for not knowing the exact plan now! But, at the end of it all, no matter how it comes to pass, you will have TWO beautiful babes to love. What could be better?

tharker said...

Sounds like Baby B is going to keep life interesting from here on out!

Anonymous said...

Either way, you will have 2 cute little dumplins here super soon!

Anonymous said...

hey, not knowing what's going to happen is how it's been since time began. no matter what the plan it's always subject to change.(and it usually does!:) you could be in labor right now for all i know! :) take your elephant feet for a walk thru the mall like kris did and you could have babies before the weekend :)

Heather said...

So exciting! Really, baby B is gonna be Riley jr. I just know it! Always keeping you hoppin'.

Lisa said...

Good work, Sarah! You have managed to keep those two babies in longer than I did with just Makenzie. Good job.
So, bascially this could happen anytime! I can't wait to hear the news!