Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




November 14, 2009

I'm Still Here

So I thought I would write a little update on what is going on, I've had lots of people asking and I didn't want anyone to get worried.

Here's the story:
I was supposed to get induced on Friday at Kadlec. Little did I know that the NICU was going to be totally full. They will not let me come to the hospital until there is room in the NICU in case these little guys (don't think they are going to be so little) need to be admitted there, otherwise if something happened to them they would be sending them off to Spokane or Seattle because there is basically no room at the inn. Because I am having twins, I'm considered a "high risk" patient, but they still will not let me come in because "I'm not an emergency" to quote the lady we talked to. I think they should take a gander at my ginormous belly and maybe they'd reconsider.

SO..................we are just waiting and I am trying to not go crazy. They called again this morning and told us it didn't appear any babies would be moving out of there this weekend and that I could possibly have to wait until Monday, or Tuesday, or.............................................

So maybe you could all say a prayer for those little babies in the NICU at Kadlec to have a safe and speedy recovery. I don't know how much longer I can carry around this huge belly and support the 14, 15, or dare I say 16 pounds that is going on in there.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Oh NO! On the upside... (dare I say it)? I'll just pray for those babies, and you!

Julie said...

All I can say is :(

Anonymous said...

the waiting game continues! do you think the movies would help...too bad new moon isn't out yet :) you sound like you're desperate enough to drive to spokane :) do i need to pray for 1 or 2 babies at the nicu to move out...not sure if they could share a bed :)

hatch said...

I have been wondering about you. Thanks for the update. I hope and pray that there is room for you all soon!

::lindsay said...

Ahhh! I can't believe it. Thanks for letting us know though, because you've been on my mind ever since Friday morning. I will definitely pray for you to have those babies soon. Though now that I'm officially no longer contagious, I can come see your babies!

tharker said...

Yeah, your statcounter may or may not have showed about 79 vists from me yesterday (I'm totally behind the times, but I refuse to use Google Reader...we don't have a good history) checking to see if there was any news. Sorry about that ;)

The good news is the longer those little guys stay in there, the more developed their lungs will be and the likelihood of them having to stay in the NICU goes down. I know, probably not what you want to hear...

Hang in there Sarah!

PROUD MOMMY said...

UGGH. I'm so sorry. It is so hard to wait, especially when you already thought you'd have them. I kept bugging Chip: "text Riley, text Riley" Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sure this is an incredibly frustrating situation for you. Keep your chin up...it WILL happen. (Let's just hope that it will be sooner than later!)

LKP said...

sarah i need to ask u a HUGE favor...as if you don't have plenty on your mind right now...but we have a ward shindig scheduled for Dec 12th. i'm in need of an outstanding Mary, Joseph, & a baby Jesus (as well as his understudy, just in case of course). we had a couple planned, however he will be out of town and it would be awkward to have her with another "Joseph." Would you guys be interested or do you think you'll feel up to much by then (i say by then, and its really a matter of weeks-sorry)? you & Riley would be perfect! please think about it and let me know your thoughts...sorry there's currently no room at the inn. =( not fun. BIG HUGS!
-keely

Jodi said...

Hang in there! I'll be praying for those NICU babies and for you and your family. Twin boys...SO EXCITING!!! :)

Kris said...

Sarah, I'm so excited that your little boys have finally arrived. You are a strong lady that can't be beat. Enjoy those cheeks on Cooper and Kale and I can't wait to come over and hold them! Congrats to you. How does it feel to not be pregnant?? :)