I've always remarked to Riley how much I think our children resemble him as a child and also his father when he was little. On Sunday I was looking through an old photo album that one of Riley's aunts made for him with pictures of his dad and his grandparents. It is a true treasure. She documented dates and names and it is a real gift. I had looked at this picture of his father before, but this time I literally got goosebumps. Take a look a this little gem:

This is Riley's father Dwight James Dodson probably around age 2 or so and wouldn't you know it he's pushing an old lawn trimmer. Coincidence? The family resemblance is pretty strong. Morgan asked, is that me?
I never had the chance to meet Dwight because he passed away about 6 months before Riley and I met. Riley and his father were not that close and had a strained relationship most of his life, but I am so thankful for these pictures so that we can look back on his father's childhood and younger years and show our children and teach them a little about who their grandfather was.


4 comments:
that is amazing!
such a cute picture of riley's dad and that was really thoughtful of his aunts. sometimes we forget that our parents/grandparents once were adorable little toddlers too! :)
Oh my, that is so dang cute! Like father, like son...like father, like son...and so on, and so on...
I love the older pictures too. There are some of Jack when he was little that I see so much of Colton and Porter. Why is that old photos makes the child look innocent and sweet. I'm sure he had some of Morgan's craziness too! Cute cute family heritage.
Post a Comment