Today has been a very productive day. If I could consistently have one or two days a week like this I would be in good shape. I baked a huge batch of cookies, made 4 loaves of zucchini bread, shredded and stored the rest of the leftover zucchini, folded and put away 3 baskets of laundry, sent off Morgan's pre-school info., got dinner prepped, and swept the floor approximately five times. (That last part is a joke, I sweep the floor at least that many times every day and it still looks like a tornado rolled through.)
It is hard working in the kitchen when the twins are awake. If they are in their walkers they are constantly slamming into the back of my ankles as I expertly attempt to push them out of harms way with one leg as I open the hot oven or load the dishwasher. They pull on my pant legs begging for snacks like little puppies. They are so tickled when I look down and give them a little smile and a pat on the head. Although it can make doing things hard sometimes, it fills me with joy when I see how much they want to tag along with me wherever I go, they're smiles so big and hands flapping with excitement.
Kendle and Morgan circled the kitchen until I was done making the cookies and then swooped in to claim who got to lick the batter bowl, the beaters and spoon. Then it was back to circling like vultures until the timer beeped for the first batch of warm cookies to come out of the oven. After eating their cookies I shooed them outside to play and give me some peace while I tidied up a bit. Of course Morgan came inside soaking wet yet again from playing in some spot of water or another. Today it is a bucket that must have been left where the sprinkler could hit it last night. Second outfit of the day for Morgan - check.
The babies have been following Morgan around and he thinks he finally has some play buddies. He will hand them a car or two or some blocks and explain what they need to do with them and then he basically plays around them on the floor. Lucky for him they are growing immune to his loud talking in their faces and sudden urges to wrestle them. My daily routine has started to include keeping Morgan from doing stunts off of their walkers.
Kendle was excited to go get the mail for me again today. She has been waiting for her check to come from singing at the Watermelon Festival. The lady in charge was so nice and wanted to send her a little money. Today was the day she got her check for $25 with a nice little note attached. She was so excited! Her first paid gig. Now if she can just get some more singing jobs....................
At least the weather has been cooler today and made my baking possible without heating up the house too much. That was a nice bonus to wake up to. It was a little preview of the approaching fall weather.
Well, babies are hungry so I'm off to go feed the little darlings.
August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The image of your kids circling the kitchen like vultures is hilarious! My kids resemble them too whenever I'm baking.
I'm sure those walkers have their good and bad points. Good because you don't have babies crying in another room, wondering where you are. Bad...well, your ankles know why ;)
Wolfbeater better put claim on Kendle now - she could be their key to hitting it big! So cool she got paid for it!
Despite the chaos you manage to still remain calm and happy about life with vultures running around and babies crashing into your feet. You are a great mom with all that baking. Your kids are so lucky!
Post a Comment