June 10, 2011
Wicked: A review by Kendle
Memorial weekend Kendle, my mother, and I made our way to Spokane to see the totally fabulous and magical production of Wicked. Here are Kendle's thoughts about the day:
Okay, first this is one of the only (awesome) plays I've seen. I thought the coolest prop was a dragon that breathed fire -- aka red smoke. We got to sit in row F. Good for me 'cause I'm pretty short. When we finaly got into the event center I was super excited. My top 2 favorite songs were Popular and Defying Gravity. The main characters in the play were Galinda, (Glinda later on) Elphaba, Fiyero, Boq, Nessarose, The Wizard of Oz, Chistury, (that was a flying monkey), Madam Morrible, and the fellow Ozians. There was one part I don't recommend for kids age 6 and under. I thought it was just loud and violent in one scene. (The part where the Wizard's big talking head moves around and makes lots of noise.) Oh, and did I mention in the beginning it had a big map of the Emerald City? My favorite scene was when they sing Defying Gravity and Elphaba's a witch and her dress is HUGE! It's like her dress just magically grew.
I will just add that Kendle had a huge smile on her face for the majority of the show and her eyes got really big quite a few times. I'm so glad it worked out that my mom was able to come with us as well. It was the best girls day ever! After the show we walked the water front and the park, Kendle climbed the huge red wagon and rode the carousel, and we stopped in at Cyrus O'Leary's for the pie we'd been craving all day. The weather was perfect to boot. My mom and I concluded we MUST do that more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm glad you could have a good weekend. I hope I can see Wicked sometime. My sister just got tickets to see Les Mes in Seattle I think.
I love her review! Reading it makes me want to see it again!
Post a Comment