*Almost the whole family slept in -- that never happens. Well, except for Morgan who threw up at 6:00 in the morning.
*Late breakfast of pancakes, berries, and bacon.
*Hurried and rushed everyone to get dressed so we could head to the parade (I think 15 minutes for the whole family is a new record). Everyone was super decked out in lots of red, white, and blue.
*Fun time downtown at the Pasco parade. The twins didn't even cry at the loud noises or sirens which was a pleasant surprise. It was hot and sunny, but not too miserably hot. The kids got a satisfying amount of candy.
*Came home and put everybody to work cleaning house and working on the yard. (Well, everyone but the twins who were napping. Oh, and Morgan wasn't feeling well so he fell asleep.) Got everything festive and fun for our family BBQ later that evening.
*Welcomed family over for some of Riley's delicious chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and LOTS of other yummy food. Cake, ice cream cones, and other treats capped it off. My little sister and her two best friends surprised us with a visit as well which was a big treat.
*The kids entertained us with some songs and dances and other backyard antics. The babies ran around with wet clothes, then shirts off, then almost no clothes at all.
*After cleaning up and relaxing a bit we all moved blankets and chairs out to the front yard for some fireworks viewing. We didn't even have to wait for the big show to begin, we had plenty of illegal fireworks going off all over town.
*Enjoyed the fireworks show and the cool night air. Summer doesn't get much better than that.
It was a great day, so much in fact that I found that even with the "hustle and bustle" of it all I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Kendle even told me it was her best 4th of July yet! That's huge coming from her. I love my family, I love my friends, and I love this great country that we are blessed to call home.
Happy Birthday America from the Dodson's!!!


2 comments:
I agree with kendle! It was a great mix of everything on a day as beautiful as they come. Made me even get a little teary eyed as I watched the fireworks and thought of all that was given in sacrifice so that we could live such blessed lives. Glad it was an awesome one for you guys!
Happy 4th. That is such a cute family picture!
Post a Comment