I think it really pops against my black door. I just added a few leaves tucked into the bow for some extra garnishment. The medallions are really light weight plastic and you could even add some Velcro to the back to keep it from hitting against your door when you open and close it.
This next one is my wreath I used last year, the difference is this time I hung my little chalkboard behind it (it usually hangs on the outside wall by the front door) and scrawled the word Fall onto it. I guess I could also write Welcome, or Dodson's, or Hello, or Trick or Treat, or all sorts of other things. Pretty easy.
I'm sure I'll rearrange and add and subtract a ton of different little things from my fall decor as the season goes on. I've seen lots of pretty yarn wrapped wreaths that I'd like to try making one if I get the chance in the next little while.
My kids are begging me to decorate the house tomorrow and I've been dragging my feet because it just hasn't felt like it was really fall yet, but after our chilly night spent once again at the ball park and the need to cozy up in my sweats when I got home, I figure it might be time after all. I love pumpkins, gourds, mums, pretty colored leaves, corn husks and all of the other fallish looking backdrops the season has to offer. Sometimes with small children in the picture however, less is definitely more. :)




2 comments:
Loving your wreaths! The medallion one is so cool and love the chalkboard idea with the other one! You always have the best style.
Oh my gosh, the medallion wreath is so cool!!
See, I need a creative brain like yours because if I had seen it at the store, I would have thought "ceiling medallion and ONLY a ceiling medallion" ;)
Post a Comment