Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




March 29, 2012

The list keeps growing...........

It's official. The twins are going to financially devastate us. In the last few weeks we have had to replace 2 toilets, we are now in the market for a new computer thanks to their constant button pushing and rebooting skills - aka - killing it, and I'm frankly afraid to see what happens next. We've also had to buy new bar stools and I wish we had a way to bolt them down to the ground. Oh, and let's not forget my previous treadmill that they broke the power chord on. Quite the list right? Yes, they've racked up quite the tab and sucked dry my patience reserves.  I keep asking myself, what am I supposed to be learning from all of these frustrating experiences that just seem to keep on happening? I know that when you pray for patience it is not automatically granted to you, rather you are given situations to hone that specific virtue right? I don't think that's working for me. Maybe Cooper and Kale were really sent to our family for the sole purpose of keeping us humble and to prevent us from gathering too many worldly riches. On the flip side, we now are expert toilet replacers and I suppose have involuntarily added a few more updates and value to our home. Yeah.

Well, I suppose next time I am having a bad day I will think, are my toilets working? Have I had to take any one for stitches today? Ok, maybe life isn't so bad.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Another one bites the dust....Ha! This is quite funny! The Dodson Toilet Repair Shop should be your new investment! :) This destruction is just the beginning I'm afraid. Hope they remain stitch free for awhile! Good Luck Sar!

Anonymous said...

I told Rich the other night, "I am not asking for patience any more in my prayers! All it's getting me is more opportunites to exercise it." The good news - those 2 little boys, albeit a bit mischevious, are absolutely adorable in their Aunt Debbie's eyes. It makes me so happy when they let me pick them up or help them with something. Sometimes, I'm even able to give them a quick smooch and a squeeze these days...