
I desperately need to write another catch up post about the rest of October, Halloween and Thanksgiving but I felt like writing something Christmasy today. December is upon us and I couldn't be happier. I look forward to our fun family activities and also focusing more on our Savior and the spirit of Christmas. In the hustle and bustle of soccer, basketball, school functions and concerts, church parties, shopping and present wrapping, doctor appointments and all of the other things that tend to take up our schedules this time of year I am making an effort more than ever to go with the flow and enjoy it all without letting the stressful feelings creep in.
One of the things that help our family keep the focus on our family and Christmas spirit is to make an advent calendar, but this year we opted just for a Christmas bucket list of many fun things to do throughout the month. I loved our advent calendar we did last year, but I felt the need to be more flexible this year and simplify.
Here is our Dodson Family Christmas
Bucket List:
Decorate ginger bread houses and ice cream cone trees
Drive around and look at Christmas lights
Watch Christmas movies
Make and decorate Christmas Cookies
Take treats to friends and neighbors
Go watch the Senske light show
Visit and feed the reindeer
Sibling Christmas shopping
Make snowflakes
Read the Christmas story from Luke
Clean out toys and clothes to donate
Sleep under the Christmas tree
FHE about the symbols of Christmas and a treasure hunt
Go sledding
Learn a new Christmas song
Read our favorite Christmas books
Take a family photo
Drink hot chocolate and watch the Polar Express
Do a service project/leave a secret gift for someone
It is going to be a great month!


2 comments:
Sounds like a perfect December to me!
Yay! Sounds fun. Where do you feed the reindeer?
Post a Comment