100 Things About Me
.jpg)
Random Facts
1. I never wanted to be a stay-at-home mom (until I became a mom)or the dreaded soccer mom, crunch, crunch (that's the sound of me eating my words)
2. When I was little I always thought I'd grow up to be famous
3. I'm more comfortable around a roomful of guys than gals
4. I have a hard time trusting people
5. I've played on 2 State Championship Fastpitch softball teams (3rd base)
6. I've torn my hamstring twice
7. I wish I had more self-confidence
8. I care too much about what other people think sometimes
9. I love to play the piano, it's my rehab on a bad day
10. I can chew the same piece of gum all day
11. I love almost anything red
12. Certain songs make me cry every time I hear them
13. I have to have my toenails painted at all times and I can't stand chipped polish
14. When my dad was bishop, I totally did things just to make him mad (horrible I know)
15. I make good cookies and can almost eat the whole batch by myself
16. I don't like deep water where I can't see the bottom
17. I'm terrified of heights and spiders (I once had a black widow crawl on my leg)
18. I would love to be an inventor, I always have ideas in my head
19. I hate math
20. I like hearing other people's conspiracy theories
21. I was in a beauty pageant when I was 17
22. My favorite children's book is "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs"
23. Rainy days make me feel cozy and in the mood to curl up with a good book
24. I had some pretty wild days in college, now I'm just really boring :)
25. I was engaged to someone when I was 19 and called it off (best decision of my life)
26. I love a good foot massage, it puts me to sleep
27. When I'm old, I still want to be chic
28. In high school I broke the sit-ups record in PE
29. I love to go to sleep early, always have
30. I had a pitch fork go through the top of my foot when I was little
31. I've never broken a bone which is pretty amazing knowing my history
32. When I was 3 or 4 I rolled off of my grandparents very high deck
33. I used to play the trumpet
34. I recieved the outstanding soloist award 2 years in a row at the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival (piano) at the U of I in high school
35. I was a jock and a cheerleader
36. My fingernails never grow long enough to look nice
37. I have to turn all of the lights on at night
38. I love to sing really loud in the car
39. I'm glad I never got any body piercings or tattoos when it was the "cool" thing to do
40. I can't stand any of my wedding pictures
41. I love being tan, but I hate tanning beds
42. I never wear expensive jewlery (other than my wedding ring)
43. In junior high I grew 3 or 4 inches in one year
44. I'm a chicken driving on bad roads in the winter time
45. My favorite time of day is at sunset
46. I love the smell of babies and their joyful laughs
47. I like my house to be cold when I go to bed at night, but warm in the morning
48. I've never liked my teeth and my round cheeks
49. I can't stand when bad singers sing really loud
50. I married someone just like my brothers, oh the irony
Top Ten Favorite memories
1. Going to Idaho every summer when I was a kid to visit my grandparents
2. Wining the High School State Championships for softball
3. Being sealed in the temple to my husband and my heaven sent little girl
4. Buying our first house
5. Running around our neighborhood as a kid without a care in the world
6. Becoming a big sister
7. Summer's spent playing ball and having fun with my friends
8. Being on Homecoming Court my senior year and getting to ride around in awesome cars
9. Meeting my husband and becoming friends before we "dated"
10. The first time my daughter told me she loved me
Top Ten Favorite Things to Eat
1. My grandma Katie's rolls....heavenly
2. My mom's pumpkin pies
3. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
4. fresh crab and "Sea Hag" clam chowder
5. any kind of potatoes: mashed, baked, scalloped, fried, hashed.....
6. My grandpa's homemade icecream and milkshakes
7. Mexican food: tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, flautas, ......
8. Thanksgiving dinner: turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, ...
9. Movie Theater popcorn with extra butter
10. A big old fountain pop Dr. Pepper with a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos
Favorite Places to go
1. The Oregon Coast
2. The Bahamas
3. The Zoo
4. My parent's house
5. The movies
6. Anywhere quiet
7. Sheet music store
8. Sporting events
9. The mountains, or camping
10. Multnomah Falls
Things I enjoy doing
1. Taking walks
2. Reading a good book
3. Taking a long bath on a cold winter night
4. Baking
5. Gardening
6. Getting new piano music and playing till I'm bored
7. Going on trips with my family
8. "Projects", painting, organizing, decorating, (not so much the work, just how good it feels when it's all done)
9. Taking a Sunday drive
10. I'm trying to learn to enjoy golfing more :)
Biggest Pet Peeves
1. People who don't pick up after themselves
2. Rude people, what ever happened to good customer service?
3. Slow drivers
4. Dishes that have been left in the sink so long they have hard crusties on them
5. Dirty socks left turned inside out
6. Shopping and only being able to find a size XS or XXL
7. When random strangers ask you personal questions
8. When my hair decides to just be frizzy and won't style
9. Running out of hot water in mid-shower
10. People who let their dogs run amuck in the neighborhood and poop in your yard


13 comments:
Loved your list!! We have lots in common!! So glad you made this list! It's a great way to get to know you better! I love knowing random facts about people. :)
sarah, nice list...it reminded me alot of some of my favs/dislikes. wanna go for a swim in the columbia river?
Way to go Sarah! I'm very impressed. Learned some good facts about you! I didn't know that you were in a beauty contest. Love that you put pictures next to your comments. No wonder I like you so much. Lots in common! Thanks for all your time taking to do this! Enjoyed it lots!
I LOVE IT! I thouroughly enjoyed reading that. I'm going to try and do it on my blog...although mine won't have as many neat-o pictures. You need to teach me how to do that. Do you realize I'll get to see you in like 2 weeks? YAY!
Deb
I'm glad no one was bored out of their minds reading my list. I thought Kim was amazing for doing her's and didn't realize how hard it was until I sat down to do it myself. It would be interesting to see how much our husbands knew about us. Sometimes it's interesting to do these things with them to see their answers too.
Deb- I can't believe it's only two weeks until Tuck's graduation! Can't wait to see you guys. Yikes, I hope it's not too hot.
Sarah, you are so talented. I really wish we were closer in High School.
Pet Peeve you missed: "Yes, I live in Irrigon, Oregon."
Sarah, I LOVE YOUR LIST! I loved it so much I made a list about your list.
1. We have the piano thing (#9) in common, and I was wondering if you play daily? I don't but I should.
2. I was wondering what songs specifically make you cry? (#12)
3. You are NOT BORING! You are FUN! (#24)
4. I will NEVER forget your family sealing. So super special!
I started bawling when Kendle came in.
5. The sheet music store. That cracks me up. Where is your favorite place to buy music and what is your favorite thing to play lately?
6. Ditto on #10 pet peeves. Seriously people, don't let your dog poop in other people's yards. It doesn't get much ruder than that!
Excellent list!
Sarah,
Thanks for the comment on my blog! You have been added to my favorites. Marilyn has always had the most wonderful things to say about you and your sweet family. I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but my family and I were at one of Marilyn's parties a couple of years ago that you also attended. I think we have run into eachother at Target also.
This was a great list! I learned a lot about you! I hear you on the "strangers asking personal questions." That seems to be happening a lot lately and it's driving me crazy!
I'm excited about being in your ward. Riley and I went to highschool together when neither of us were members of the church. Amazing that we will be in the same ward!
Nan- Excellent point, how did I forget to add that one? I wish we would have known each other better in high school too, but I still feel like I've known you my whole life.
Marilyn- I don't play the piano daily, especially if I havn't bought new music in a while. I go to the music store in Richland, can't think of the name off the top of my head but it's one of the only places that I know of anymore that actually sells sheet music. I order online too from sheetmusicplus.com. They have quite a selection. My favorite music to play lately is some I have from the Fray and Keane, (actually I got them months ago) but I love the music from Rent, Jim Brickman, I've got some Michael Buble....Songs that make me cry when I hear them are "In my life" by the Beatles, "When you say nothing at all" by Alison Krause, and for some reason "Come,Come Ye Saints" always does it to me too.
Danyelle- (Sorry I'm probably totally spelling your name wrong), but thanks for the comments. I do totally remember you. It is really amazing that you and Riley both being converts, will end up in the same ward after all of these years. I love stories like that. Good luck on all of the packing and moving, it will all be worth it.
Sarah, you spelled Danyelle's name perfectly.
Come Come Ye Saints makes me cry every time too. I have an AWESOME piano arrangement of that song that is so fun to play. I will have to make a copy for you when I bring you back your movie music book that I have had like for over a YEAR!
How did your bread turn out? Did your family like it? Did you give away all your bags? Fun, huh? :)
Kim-
The bread is delicious! My family loved it. It's great that it makes two loaves because I went down to help my mom who's been sick and made the bread there. My little brother and sister gobbled the first loaf up and I brought the other home with me so Riley could try it. Thanks a bunch!
Sarah,
I loved reading your list it is so fun to learn more about people.
I am with you on the whole not liking deep water that you cannot see anything in. That always creeps me out. This was a fun read.
Post a Comment