Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 24, 2007

Geek Day

This week is spirit week at Kendle's school and every day they have a different dress up day. Monday was Geek Day-























She was excited to dress up and participate in something fun. When I went to pick her up from school though, my heart dropped because there was only one other kid in her class who dressed up that day. Her teacher didn't dress up either, what fun is that for your students? Didn't people get the memo? I think she was kind of embarrassed and hasn't wanted to dress up anymore the last couple of days, but tomorrow is "Super Hero" day so I'm hoping I can convince her to try it again.

15 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh that is so cute. She makes the cutest nerd I've ever seen.

tharker said...

She is a very cute geek. That is a little sad that no one else dressed up though. Hannah loves spirit week at school.

Heather said...

She looks adorable. That is horrible that the teacher didn't even dress up.... come on!!

PRP said...

Tell her to hang in there! She looks so stinkin' cute! Hopefully her teacher will get a clue before the week is over....

Anonymous said...

yeah, that is sad...em's teacher had the class vote on changing nerd day to sports day or orange day(she didn't want anyone to tease) the really sad thing is kendle probably didn't stand out all that much. i mean where's the pocket protector?!!

The Garden Maiden said...

Kendle is the cutest little nerd I have ever seen. Good first lesson about not feeling bad to be different. She will be a leader not a follower I am sure.

Kris said...

She is by far the coolest GEEK ever. I think she outdid all the other kids that dressed up that day! I love the 2 different shirts! So cool! I feel bad that she's struggled this week! I hope she gets more enthusiasm and wants to try dressing up again!!

Unknown said...

I think Kendle looks great. She is no party pooper!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! What's she going to be for Halloween?

Sarah said...

She's going to be a fairy. Really original I know, we started out as a vampire, then she changed her mind to a bat, then settled on being a fairy.

dandee said...

The glasses are perfect!

meohmyers said...

My kids love spirit week! I can't wait! Kendle is adorable. I loved the glasses and the sloppy ponytails!

Our Halloween party for the preschool is next week and I can't wait to dress up!! Teachers should participate! Phooey on her teacher for not being a good sport!

hatch said...

Kendle is an adorable geek! She is so stinkin cute! I am proud of her school spirit. I can't believe that her teacher did not even dress up.

::lindsay said...

Love the picture of Kendle. I can't believe hardly anyone else participated though. They really ought to make it mandatory for the teachers to dress up because if the teachers don't, then why would the kids want to?

Sarah said...

Lindsay I totally agree with you.