Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 13, 2007

Homecoming Night


Well, Tam wasn't crowned queen, but in my opinion she was still the most beautiful girl on court. It was a huge surprise who queen was, but a good surprise because the girl is very nice. There was really only one girl that I was really hoping would not be crowned queen. OK, do I sound like I am back in high school or what? Really, this is not very important in the grand scheme of things.

The presentations were very well done, the girls rode out in a beautiful white horse drawn carriage and it looked very classy. Then they introduced each couple and read a little information about each girl and guy and what they planned on doing after high school. Tam cracked me up because she was the only one that gave a life-long description of what she planned on doing. Go to college, travel the world, write a book, own a bakery, and get married. I'm sure there were other things that I forgot, but it was so cute, and so her. She just stands out to me because of her confidence and maturity, and her definite individuality. And she was also about three feet taller than everyone else. She is 5'9 without heels and with them she was about 5'11 or more. In one picture I'm standing on tiptoes next to her and she's still inches above me. I'm glad she was able to have such a fun, memorable experience her senior year. She certainly makes me proud to be her big sister. My sister's dress was a really pretty green color, but in some pictures it looks lavender, not sure why. My coat that was also dark green looks purple in a couple of pictures too. Go figure. I think it had to do with the lights and the flash. Here are some pictures to enjoy:



































































































































What a fun night! We love our princess Tamra!

7 comments:

PDX Toveys said...

Nice pics Sarah! Although Rich might take exception to the gubber wearing his old #! haha

Tell Riley go Cougs for me!

tharker said...

These are great pictures. What a fun opportunity for her to be on the court.

The picture that struck me the most out of all these pictures is the one with your sister and all of the other girls. The one with your sister in the front of the group. What struck about it is your sister's confidence. To me, all of the other girls look like they are trying to strike pose for the camera and work it, but your sister just looks so confident. She's standing up straight, she's totally poised. She stands out to me.

Funny how different her dress looks in the lighting. But I actually like it purple or green!

So fun for you that you got to be there to support her Sarah!

Anonymous said...

It's unbelievable that it's been 16 years since a different #85 (aka Rich Tovey) stood on that field escorting a princess. Tam had mentioned that she was going to be on court and I didn't pay too much attention because there was no doubt that she wouldn't have been on court. Not only is she super awesome, but she's also a Tovey. TOVEYS RULE!

-Rich
PS
I was more handsome than that #85.

Kris said...

I got a good laugh from Rich's comment! Now we just need to see that picture of him 16 years ago! Gosh how old is this brother of yours??

CUTE, CUTE, pictures of Tam! She is so pretty and the all the other girls, need to wear more clothes! Seriously, Jack and I want to hook her up with Tom when he gets home from his mission. She'll be almost graduated and so it will be perfect! :)

So glad that you guys were able to be there last night! Oh my, you have a CUTE baby! I love the picture of him and Riley! giggles, giggles, I just want to pinch his cheeks!

momtovey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

So cute... I think Kendle looks a little like your sister (or I guess it could be you).

I can't believe you are on your tippy toes in that picture. I would kill for some height!

Nancie said...

sooooo cute. i agree the dress looks great green, or purple. Momma and daddy tovey look so proud. What an acomplished young lady. Go pirates.