Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 17, 2007

I come bearing gifts

Riley returned from his work convention in Spokane last night, much to our delight. For those of you who don't know, he is in charge of Regional Sales for a national pest control company. They do mostly industrial and big businesses, and this convention was for the Washington State Hotel and Lodging Association. The lucky guy got to stay here:

















































And then to close out the convention The WSHLA hosted an elaborate golf tournamnent here:













Riley said there were few words to describe how awesome it was. Looks like a hard three days of work huh?

But he did not come home empty handed, and if I didn't know better, I would say that he is trying to thwart my weight loss goals. He brought me these from the hotel candy shop:
















And made a stop on the way home to get me a box of these:










He also went shopping while he was there and bought me a cute sweatshirt and another long sleeve shirt for the chilly fall weather, and got Kendle the cutest little purse that she carried around all night. Isn't he thoughtful? Trying to butter me up for the long hunting season ahead? Maybe. But the best thing was when he told me how much he missed me during those three days. Wish me luck on not gaining ten pounds in the next few days.

9 comments:

dandee said...

What a sweet husband and daddy! Can I have a krisy kreme?

tharker said...

Major brownie points to dad!!!

If Danyelle gets one, I want one too!!! Just kidding. Enjoy your sweets!

Heather said...

Whoa! Riley is working hard these days... I'm sure he misses AT&T.

Kris said...

How fun! I love the fact that he missed you while he was gone despite the fact that he was having so much fun at work! That's sweet! The Golf Course looks AWESOME!! I love all the treats. I want to come try some of those yummy chocolates! I love that he bought you a new shirt! Major Brownie Points for Riley! What a stud!

Marilyn said...

Holy cow, I have never seen that hotel in Spokane. Where is it at? It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Sarah, good luck losing weight with Krispy Kremes around. I really don't think it can be done...

Nancie said...

I want your donuts too...then your new sweatshirt to hide my "roll".
What a good husband...it is time to buy another golf membership huh?...

Patriot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PDX Toveys said...

Wow, Riley must really like hunting!! haha

Jer