Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 2, 2007

Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere. It must be October.







Today is the day that I unpacked my fall decorations. I love doing this and look forward to it.



















Kendle loves to help me and place some decorations in her room as well. I remember when I was a child, we would beg my mom to get out the holiday decorations and make the house look festive. This year I have a lot of pumpkins placed around my home. It might be a bit overkill, but I love them.



























Can you tell that I love black?


Now, I'm officially in the mood for the season. Did anyone count how many pumpkins there were?

15 comments:

Heather said...

I love your decorations! Are all those pumpkins fake??

Sarah said...

Most are fake, only the ones on my dining table are real.

Nancie said...

your pumpkins AND regular decor are soooo cute. You are so talented!

Marilyn said...

I counted 31, that includes the reflection of 2 off your VERY clean windows. Would you like to come wash mine?

Sarah said...

Marilyn, that's a mirror, so I can't take credit for my windows being clean. My windows are actually really dirty! :)Maybe I better wash them.

Anonymous said...

I love pumpkins also. I think a lot because I really love orange. The kids keep asking when we can buy some. We carved ours early last year and they molded very quickly - things tend to do that here on the coast. We used to do it in early October in Montana because they would just freeze and never thaw out really...I remember one year we left our pumpkin out one night before we carved it and it was solid as a rock the next day. Never did carve it. We will miss you this weekend!

Kris said...

Sarah, I need your help with my house. I'm so not good with decorating. I can't buy stuff at the store and think that it will look cute in my home. I love all of your pumpkins, and I love the fall leaves everywhere! Cute cute! Where's all your stuff stashed? How come you don't have papers, bills, and keys on your piano, or bookshelf, or picture shelf! Help me!!

tharker said...

First of all, can I hire you? Your house looks amazing. Of course, I will have to pay you in baked goods cuz I've spent my wad on decorating stuff lately!

Second of all, it was SO much fun talking with you,(for real talking, not just blogging) and Kristen, and Rachel after the Relief Society Conference last weekend. We should definitely do that again!!!

hatch said...

Sara- Your fall decor is awesome! I have yet to haul mine out! Seeing all of your cool stuff gives me a little insiration!

Sarah said...

Seriously, it's probably a good thing that I have such a small house or I would run out of ideas and time. Taken in pictures it looks a lot better. One place I love to buy cheap seasonal decorations is Big Lots. That way I don't spend a lot of money in case I want to buy new things to add in or replace them the next year. You can buy some cheap fake pumpkins or garlands and use regular items with them. I'm sure everyone's got a pretty bowl or vase, or candlestick holders. Then you can add in some real pumpkins here and there, or some gourds. You can also put out a fall colored throw blanket or pillows on your couch. Really I am not that great at decorating but enjoy doing it and would love to help anyone. Tiffany, that was fun visiting with you afterwards. It's like meeting a pen-pal. We really do need to do that again. I'm glad I was able to see your fantastic hair in person.:)

Kris said...

I just counted 27. I didn't count the ones on your table twice and I didn't count the reflection ones. Was I right???

Anonymous said...

gotta love big lots...i have a couple halloween decorations from them in fact. don't you love how everything ends in 99?(1.99,2.99) it's so much better than walmarts random prices, $4,81. you just have to make sure your witch decoration has both it's eyes at big lots...but if it does, SCORE!!

Sarah said...

Natalie- I hear on you on making sure your items have all their parts. You are too funny.

meohmyers said...

Cute stuff! I need to get my box of fall decor out...

The Garden Maiden said...

I am with you on the black. I love it too. I am not big on Halloween decorations, I have a token Hallowwen decoration my brother gave me. I love gourds and pumpkins though. And fall leaves and branches.