Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




December 27, 2007

December In Pictures

I took down my Christmas decorations today, which is always a sad day for me, but refreshing to have things cleaned and packed away again. I always think of the song from "The Forgotten Carols" by Michael McLean, "I cry the day that I take the tree down". I feel like there is an empty space in my heart for a few days.

We had a very nice, low key Christmas, and as I was uploading some pictures from that morning I had others from earlier this month as well. So here is a little bit of our (or the kids anyways) December in pictures:

-Snow Day!!!!-



















-The Morgster relishing his new found balance-





















-Kendle may have a future in architecture-























-Who knew licorice was this good?-




















-Really Santa, I've been good this year I swear!"





































-Santa's little helper-






















-Christmas morning-






















I always kick myself that I don't take more pictures of the fun things we do as a family. Watching Morgan on Christmas morning was like revisiting Kendle at that age. It is such a delight to watch the happiness in their eyes and the fun this time of year brings. It has been an amazing year and I'm sad to see this month coming to a close so soon. December always leaves us much too quickly.

14 comments:

Kris said...

These are some great pictures! I love the picture of Kendle in the snow! She's just so happy! My house feels so bare! My tree is down, and all of the decorations are gone! The toys are somewhat organized! I love that feeling! Next project is the outside lights!!!!

tharker said...

These are great pictures Sarah. Your kids are so cute. I like the idea of doing a whole post about December.

I think I am going to take my tree down tomorrow or Saturday {as it is a TOTAL fire hazard by this point!} I get a little sad too putting it away. 11 more months and we get to do it all again though!!!

Heather said...

What???? Your trees are down? Apparently we don't have the same traditions.

I'm always wishing I had more pictures too- but it's so fun just watching that it's hard to remember to grab the camera.

Sarah said...

I know Heather, usually I leave mine up until New Year's but I couldn't take one more day of Morgan trying to get in the tree! Maybe next year will be better?

Marilyn said...

great pictures. That picture of Kendle on Santa's lap is perfect. She does look like an angel!

PDX Toveys said...

Good pics sis! We'll be there for Christmas next year for sure! I never get used to being here in SoCal with the weather and all. We did disneyland yesterday and it was funny seeing all the locals wearing huge coats at 64 degrees and sun? Tell Riley I'll be playing golf with palm trees tomorrow! Go Beavs!

Sarah said...

Thanks Jer, we loved your Christmas gifts too by the way. Kendle, Mom, Tamra and I all played the game you got us and it was a lot of fun! And the ornament was hilarious. We missed you guys and it was way too quiet for a Tovey family Christmas. Hope you have fun in Cali!

P.S. Dad loved the gun!

dandee said...

Your children are adorable!

I love this template!

tharker said...

Lovin this template!

meohmyers said...

So cute! Love all the pics of your adorable kids. This template is awesome! I'm partial to brown though.

Heather, our tree stays up till New Year's, too. You're not the only one!

Sarah said...

Glad you guys like the new template, I really liked Heather B.'s and so I checked out the link on her blog. There are lots of cute ones to choose from.

Kris said...

I had to come over and see this new template that everyone is talking about! It looks great Sarah!

Anonymous said...

it's been a great december...one of the best yet. i'm sad to see this holiday season come to a close. i semi-reluctantly threw my "live" tree out yesterday with the garbage but i'm still holding on to the other one til after new year's. glad everyone was doing better in time for christmas.

Anonymous said...

What cute little people! We sure missed you this Christmas. So excited for the next time we get to see you!