-My five month old is obsessed with electrical outlets and cords already, I'm in trouble. He is a blur as he sprints by me in his walker.Yes I said SPRINTS. We have to shut all of the bedroom and bathroom doors so he doesn't get into mischief. HELP! He figured out how to balance when I try to sit him up by himself and is doing the inch-worm crawl and roll method. The Christmas tree has taken a severe beating already.
-We put the finishing touches on our Christmas lights last night, I will have to post some pictures of it tomorrow. They look nice, even though one of our annoying neighbors (who didn't have his hearing aids in by the way) stopped by for a good 20 minutes or more and proceeded to tell us that we used the Jewish holiday colors of blue and white, and aren't we Mormon?
- Riley had to take Kendle to the bus stop this morning and talk to the bus driver about someone that took Kendle's hat last week. The bus driver had the hat, but of course claimed to know nothing about the incident. This is only about the tenth bus-related problem we've had so far this school year. I'm about done with the big yellow monster.
-We found out our new church time will be 2:30, which we've been informed by our friends in 6th ward is the worst possible time ever, but after moping around yesterday I'm trying to put a positive spin on it. Suggestions anyone?
- I have a junk food hangover from this weekend and need to get my booty on the treadmill and sweat it out, not to mention throw out the rest of the tempting stuff still lying around. To all my dear friends out there, if you really care about me do not bring me holiday goodies this year. That is probably the best gift you can give me. I've got to shed this baby weight that is threatening to set up permanent residence.
Just some of the random things going through my head today.
December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
2:30 is going to be a great time because...................................... i got nothing. oh wait, no, still nothing.
Well, maybe 2:30 won't be so bad because it doesn't run through any meal times...it's after lunch but you'll be home before 6pm - which I don't know about you, but that's our normal dinner time.
In Montana we had church from 1:30-4:30, and for some unknown reason we had sacrament meeting the 3rd hour. THAT was awful. No kid wants to sit and be quiet after 2 hours of sitting in primary. Disaster. And the thing is that we met at the Stake Center and there were only 2 wards there - not like there was overlapping problems. Stupid. I don't miss that.
The one good thing about 2:30 church is that your kids can actually get a little bit of a nap in. With 2:00 church, there is no chance of a nap. How was that for positive spin?
It was nice to see you yesterday. You look great though, so I wouldn't worry about holiday goodies if I were you!
Ummm, I've got nothing for ya on the 2:30 church. Hopefully it will only be for a year and then you guys can be the early ones.
I agree with Lindsay, there is room for little Porter to take a nap. Which I WILL make him do that. Not only for my sake, but for whoever is Nursery. Bless those sweet people! Other than that, it will be awful. We eat dinner every night at 5 p.m., so I've gotta have my dinner done by 2 p.m. so we can eat as soon as we walk in! Bummer. Um is anyone convincing you yet?
I got nothing for the 2:30 time slot Sarah, but if your nosy neighbor has blue and white lights up himself, you could go over there and tell him, "You used the BYU holiday colors of blue and white, and aren't you Jewish?"
I too was less than thrilled with 2:30 church. After doing the 2 o'clock stint for awhile, I was thrilled when we moved and got a normal time, but here we go again.
Dust off the crock pot.
You will have all morning to prepare your lessons. Just kidding, but really, it can be nice and realxing staying in your jammies all morning. Does that help?
As far as the goodies thing, what are you talking about? You always look great!
LOVE this song... and guess what. After 1 1/2 years of 2pm church I actually got used to it. I definitely am happy to go to a new time, but hopefully the new building will be done in 2009.... :)
You guys are all too funny. Like the PRP said, I think I will be dusting off that crock pot here in the near future. I've never been very consistent with the traditional Sunday dinner though, so that won't be a big change for me I guess.
Good things about 2:00 (or 2:30) church...
you CAN prepare lessons or music in the morning that weren't done the day before.
you can sleep in.
you have plenty of time for 2 showers and 4 baths with time to kill.
Home teachers can come BEFORE church.
You'll still be home before AFHV and Ty Pennington!
Fast Sundays are a little tough, though! Hope you get used to your new time slot soon!!
Post a Comment