Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




February 4, 2008

Birthday Boy












My husband Riley turned 27 yesterday and for the next two months I get to enjoy the fact that we are the same age, even if it is only for a short time. We were traveling (more about that in a later post) all day and most of last night and were not able to celebrate or even have cake for him, so that will be happening later this week. A belated birthday is better than no birthday I suppose. He's a pretty good sport about things like that.














Since Riley is a huge Johnny Cash fan (I still have not quite figured that one out) I'm honoring his passion by playing a few Johnny Cash songs on my playlist. Please forgive me.














Here are some random facts that you may not know about Riley:
-He has a secret (or not so secret) crush on Jennifer Garner and will watch any chick flick with her in it.
-He loves to read
-He is secure enough in his manhood to admit that he has read all of the Harry Potter books and just finished the Twilight series as well.
-Give him five minutes and he can become best friends with anyone
-He is an awesome coach not only because of the effort he puts in to improve his players' skills, but also that he takes a personal interest in them as individuals and wants to see them do good in life and be good young men.
-He is a loyal friend and stays in touch way better than I do with old aquaintances.
- He is very competitive and does not like to lose, you might not want to play board games with him.
-His eyes change from green to blue depending on what he is wearing
-He loves Oreo cookie ice cream
-His favorite cake is yellow cake with chocolate frosting, even though he claims he does not really like chocolate. He would rather I leave out the choc. chips when I make cookies. Does that make sense to anyone else?
-He HATES onions
-He should have gone into sports broadcasting because he basically knows more about any sport than anyone else I've ever met. He remembers statistics and numbers like nobody's business. But yet, he can't remember to take the garbage out.(Ha, ha, just kidding Riley)
-He can't carry a tune to save his life, but it's really cute to watch him try
-He's a top-notch negotiator, I call them his weasel skills. They work on everyone but me.
-He bought a new car when we were dating to impress me. He'll tell you that he needed a new car anyways, but I know the truth.
-He spent almost thirty dollars at the fair one year trying to win Kendle a huge caterpillar. He would not give up until he got it, and then Kendle was scared of it and never played with it. Figures. But he really wanted to make her happy.














Most of all he's a good dad, good husband and has always done a wonderful job of taking care of our family.

Happy belated birthday Riley!!!!

9 comments:

Kris said...

This post is awesome Sarah! I love your sense of humor, and I can hear your voice in all of these comments! You are Riley are perfect for each other. I'm loving the Football Picture.

It doesn't surprise me that he wanted to win the caterpillar for Kendle. That explains his competitiveness, and his desire to win. I'm laughing since Kendle didn't even like it! Funny! Riley doesn't care if you bring dinner over and it has onions it. He'll tell you out loud, that it would be much better with out them. Sweet & Sour Chicken with Fried rice, ring a bell??? Or my Macaroni Salad?? haha! Next time I will not put onions in it! I promise!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday riley!! that blonde hair of yours is throwing me for a loop. jennifer garner ay, you must be a dimple man! we're glad to know ya, hope you had a great birthday, you're just a kid.

hatch said...

Happy Birthday Riley! Guess what I have something in common with him, I like Johnny Cash too!
My husband hates onions too!
Happy celebrating!

PDX Toveys said...

27? I have almost 10 years on him/you? Once you get kids and such b-days seem not to important. What's important to him is that he married a cool gal and into a great family (sorry for the Tovey pride)! Minus the Harry Potter stuff (ha), Riley's a good guy and I'm glad to have him as a brother-n-law.

Happy late birthday Riley!

Jer, Molly, kids

Heather said...

Those pictures are crackin' me up, along with your witty remarks. The garbage one is so true! I thought Riley HATED playing games (cuz you know that's all mormons do).

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday Riley! The thing I love most about Riley is that when you talk to him, he treats you like you are his best friends. One of the nicest guys I've ever met.

I like Johnny Cash too.

tharker said...

This was a fun birthday post. I don't know Riley except for that time at the ward Halloween party when I said hi to him and I think I freaked him out a bit. Then I told him it was from your blog, and he just laughed. Such a nice guy.

I'm with him on the yellow cake with chocolate frosting. That is such a great combination. However, chocolate chip cookies MUST have chocolate chips!

Nancie said...

k, i love that riley knows famous people. I use riley's famous people friends to impress my friends.
happy bd ry.

ps- thanks for "eating" my food that has onions in it too.

Anonymous said...

We were totally kicking ourselves that we didn't even wish Riley a Happy Birthday...so Happy Belated Birthday, Riley! You're the man!