Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




February 19, 2008

Bogie, that rascall

I have not mentioned much about our dog Bogie on my blog. He is a chocolate lab and a good pet for the most part. When he's not digging stuff up or tearing things apart that is. *For the record, I am not really a pet person. Especially where big dogs are concerned.* But we've had him since he was a little puppy (boy those cute little puppies sure are deceiving) and he's become part of the family. Riley has trained him to be his hunting companion and he's really good at that. There is something about this dog that is strangely human at times. For example, on occasion he looks like he's actually smiling at you. But this picture I've posted below cracked our family up to no end. What a silly dog. Riley just happened to glance out of the window in Morgan's bedroom and had to run and get the camera to capture this: (sorry they are taken through the window, so the quality is not very good)














This winter Riley bought Bogie an old blanket to sleep with in his little house inside the kennel and as you can see, he had started to tear and shred it up. But I guess he decided it was too cold and he needed it after all.













Oh, that Dog.

12 comments:

Jan said...

Its a somewhat freakingly human like moment. Like a peddler in a
3rd world country. So funny.

Anonymous said...

what, you have a dog??? :) are you sure cause i've never seen him poop in my yard, roam w/out a leash or bark all night long like the rest of the dogs in the hood. i'll be darned!

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, Sarah, you need to read "Marley and Me"...

Kris said...

That dog is one cute thing. We left a blanket out in our kennel for Buddy this winter too. He enjoyed shredding it and got very little use out of it! Your dog is so cute, and I love these pictures.

Riley said...

Just so everyone knows how extraordinary this dog is. He doesn't bark, he has no hunting "blood lines" yet he retrieved every duck that we shot this year, He's great with kids and, he loves to play fetch. I wanted to thank Sarah for allowing Bogie to be apart of our family. He's such a good dog and by far my best hunting buddy. Just so you know we named him after my golf game. Hopefully my game continues to improve and we will name our next dog birdie.

Sarah said...

Wow, thanks for the explanation there Riley.

PRP said...

We have a chocolate lab too but yours is much, uh, thinner....

He's adorable.

Marilyn said...

I love labs, they make the best pets...and hunting dogs.

tharker said...

I've never seen a dog cover itself with a blanket before. That's one smart dog!

Kris said...

WOW, Riley not only has a blog, but he's commenting on blogs? Hey Riley, check out my blog this afternoon, and come participate in my Tuesday Topic Discussion! I'm sure you'll have some sort of experience with it! :)

Heather said...

Yeah those sweet little puppies are seriously deceiving.

::lindsay said...

Funny dog you have there, Sarah! What's next...are you going to leave him a coat too?