
I'm glad it's Monday and I can look ahead at a fresh, new week. We had our first day of swim lessons this morning and ran into a ton of people we knew. I tried to get Morgan in the kiddy pool for a little while during Kendle's lesson, but he didn't last long and still isn't feeling 100% yet. He was content to watch the other kids swim for a while. Kendle couldn't be more excited to be back in the water and heading to the pool every day. If it was up to her, she'd grow gills and take up permanent residence in the water for the rest of her life. Sometimes she gets a little too excited about things like this, (like today) and just talks and talks the instructors ears off. Overzealous is a word that comes to mind. I used to hate swimming lessons when I was younger. I dreaded when they made us jump off of the diving board and I would sink like a stone. I do not float and used to have to work my little body twice as hard as everyone else, so I am glad Kendle looks at it as a fun activity, not just something her mom is making her do.
As soon as we got home I fed the starving children some lunch, and now I'm off to put Morgan down for a nap and find Kendle something quiet to do so I can straighten up the house a bit. Am I the only person who's child wishes she could go to school year round? She's already telling me she's bored and missing school. Uggghhhhhh.........


9 comments:
And so it begins. Boredom after only week is not a good sign for you Sarah! Sounds like you'll be having lots of entertaining to do this summer ;)
I loved the visual image that I had of Kendle chatting, and chatting to the swim teachers. So cute!
how nice would it be if we actually had cheap, entertaining things to do out by us... i need to be more optimistic. i know by the time my kids are grown we'll have that pool, maybe enough schools and a right turn lane on 68to get onto the freeway :) sorry, i just put my christmas wish list down... being bored is good for kids. then they really appreciate "activities" like taking a bath, going to get the mail, watering plants...:)
Oh swim lessons! How fun.
I don't know what to do with ourselves these days. We're stuck in this dinky town with limited activities...I'm trying not to drive to Coos Bay too much since gas is so ridiculously expensive and we have a few "long" trips coming up we need to save our resources for. In the meantime, what to do, what to do?
Here, here, Natallie! I think you just voiced alot of what I've been thinking. Crazy that to go swimming we need to go to Moses Lake or Hermiston.
I didn't see you today, Sarah. What time are your swim lessons?
I'm so glad I ran into you today! Ally was so excited to see Kendle in the pool when we walked by and to have a few minutes with her in the kiddie pool!
I hear ya on the kids wanting to go to school year round. We bought them each a "Summer Workbook" to work on once in a while the whole summer long for something to do and each of them were so excited and literally worked for hours straight! Now they're halfway through the workbook and we still have 8 weeks of summer! My kids love school too much!
So glad to hear the sound of wellness over there. The sickies must be gone. Yeah..
All my kids use to want the school year all around when they were younger. But as they got older. They were so ready for summer. Mattie is starting to do this for the first time this year. She use to cry at the end of school, now she likes it.
Hope they will play good and get use to it in the coming days. Bye Sarah..
Deb-
I'll post our summer list we made of things to do this summer, maybe you'll like some of our ideas. I tried to keep most things (except for our trips) cheap and easy.
Lindsay-
Funny, I saw you as I was driving home today! We have lessons at 10:05. Maybe we'll see you at the pool if we stay and swim in the kiddie pool for a while.
Kim-
I'm sorry for not getting to visit with you today, I'll have to do better tomorrow! Kendle was excited to see Ally too, she loves seeing her friends at the pool!
Yesterday was fun. How neat it was for me to run into everyone. It's always a treat for me to be around you and Sydnee loves spending time with Kendle. I'm glad we got them in the same class. It helps Sydnee be excited about going to swim lessons.
Post a Comment