
It's dated from back in December, so I'm not really sure what happened but we're still very proud of her. I asked her if she remembered why she got the award and nothing really stood out in her mind that she could remember. I hope that's a good sign that she's always honest at school.
A couple of months ago, I got a phone call from her librarian at school asking me if I remembered the corner of a book Kendle brought home being torn. I told her the only thing I could remember is that it sat on our table for most of the week undisturbed. She told me that she asked Kendle if she had done something to it on accident and Kendle told her no. Then she asked Kendle if she had a dog that might have chewed on it. Kendle told her our dog only sleeps outside and doesn't like books. Then the librarian asked if maybe a younger sibling could have done it. Kendle told her that her little brother didn't have any teeth yet. She told me that she knew Kendle's personality and that she was telling the truth and that she just had to call me and tell me how much she enjoys her. I thought that was really nice and I appreciated that she called and checked with me about the book too.
That day after I picked Kendle up from school, I told her how much it meant to me that she tells the truth and how good that made me feel as her mom to know that her teachers at school know this about her.
Good job sis!


8 comments:
That is awesome! I'm laughing with you about the Dec. date.
She's awesome! What a sweet and honest little girl!
Of all the awards, that is tops.
That is terrific! Kendle is such a great girl!
I agree with Jan. If there is anything that I want people to think about my children, honesty is at the very top of the list. Good for Kendle!
I love how Kendle tells everything so matter of factly. I can hear the conversation now, and I understand why the librarian called. Way to go Kendle. The Honesty Award is the best.
Way to go, Kendle!
That is so cool! I do not think there is anything better than to be know for being honest! We love Kendle!
Post a Comment