
We're finally experiencing some real Tri-Cities summer weather. It is supposed to get up in the 100's today and I've already cranked the A/C down a few notches, filled up the kids pool, and gave my plants a good watering in preparation for the day ahead. Morgan loves to be outside, but he doesn't really like getting in the water and his little face gets so red and hot. I had to sprinkle him with the hose a little bit as I was filling up his pool because he looked so uncomfortable. Being outside in the heat always makes me so tired that I just want to come into the cool house and take a nap. I think these hot days call for cooking out on the BBQ, sandwiches, salads, or anything else that doesn't require cooking on the stove.
I can't believe that the 4th of July is next Friday! June has felt like it was cut in half since Kendle didn't get out of school until the 12th. I haven't felt like a very entertaining mom the last few weeks, so I guess I better get started on some summer fun. At least with swimming lessons I feel like we are getting out the house and doing something every day.
Well, I'm off to go stick my legs in the kiddie pool!
I can't believe that the 4th of July is next Friday! June has felt like it was cut in half since Kendle didn't get out of school until the 12th. I haven't felt like a very entertaining mom the last few weeks, so I guess I better get started on some summer fun. At least with swimming lessons I feel like we are getting out the house and doing something every day.
Well, I'm off to go stick my legs in the kiddie pool!


6 comments:
Sounds like you have the weather under control. Take it on Sarah. Enjoy it in the kiddy pool. Love that visual of you with your feet in there.
Stay cool and keep on enjoying the sun.
Oh the backyard in the summertime..love the kidie pools. We have some crazy water snakey thing and a splash pool with a little slide into it.
Hope Kendle is liking her hair bows & necklace.
Is it insane that I'm totally jealous of your weather? I don't even think it broke 70 degrees here today. I hate feeling like everyone but us are enjoying summer. We're still in spring weather, at best.
Hooray, summer finally feels like it's here!
We got the kids a "kiddie pool" too, but it's big enough for me! So yeah, I've been in it too ;) Whatever you've gotta do to stay cool.
Indoor nap? How about a trip to the 'rents for a dive in the adulties pool? Don't be shy.
It has been hot for the past few days. It's amazing what a few minutes in the water can do to help you cool off. I love the pictures you posted. Very cute. Oh and you did an excellent job today! Very fun, my kids are still talking about Sharing Time! :)
Post a Comment