Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




June 12, 2008

Summer Break Starts Today

Hurray for the last day of school! Here's to sleeping in, no more driving to the school and back twice a day, popsicles, staying up late, taking walks to the park, swimming lessons and more. We made a family list of fun things to do this summer and hung it on our pantry door where we would be sure to see it every day. Some of the activities included:


-Making home made ice cream

-going swimming at our secret river spot

-exploring a new town

-watching fireworks

-slip n' sliding

-and taking our trip to the coast


Mostly, even if we're just hanging out in the backyard playing with our dog, I just want to have some nice relaxing fun with my family.


As excited as I am that today was Kendle's last day of school, it was a little bittersweet knowing today was her last day being a five-year-old kindergartner. Next year she'll be a big first grader who's gone all day long. I had to take a picture of her last day:


















Happy Summer to ALL!!!

8 comments:

Nancie said...

happy summer to you too.

we plan on spending mega time with the dodsons doing their summer list...

Anonymous said...

Yessss... yesterday was Zack's last day and I am thrilled to be done with the school thing for the year. Next year, the bus will pick Zack up in front of our house and then drop him off there. That will rock.

Hooray for summer!

Jan said...

Happy Summer to you and your family Miss Sarah..

Marilyn said...

Your list of summer fun sounds....really fun!

1st grade? Can you believe our little girls will be full timers? Crazy!

Lisa said...

Happy Summer! What a beautiful day (finally)! Kendle looks so cute.

Kris said...

I totally want to go swimming with you at your secret river spot. I can't believe the day has come where Summer is officially here. Hooray and that little girl of yours is getting so big! I can't believe it. She's a doll!

tharker said...

Fun list. I'm so glad that school is done for the year. I also feel that it's bittersweet. I cried more than once today.

I love this picture of Kendle! She looks so happy. And I also LOVE her cute little shorts.

::lindsay said...

Happy Summer to you too! We are looking forward to it here at our house. Kendle looks adorable in that picture!