Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




June 9, 2008

Weekend

Friday our "tub guy" came to fix the crack in our soaker tub in the master bath. Ever since we moved into our house, the bottom of the tub has felt a little unstable and there was a definite soft spot in the middle. A month or so ago we noticed a big crack and water was leaking. Not good. So the "tub guy" had to cut out the bottom of the tub, replace the supports underneath it, put a new bottom back in the tub, and seal it. It looks brand new again and feels so much better when you step on it (and he left everything so immaculately clean, it looks like he scrubbed the whole shower for me). The fumes were pretty bad so we left for the day to hang out at my parents house in Irrigon.



I picked Kendle up from school and we headed out of town. The wind was blowing really hard on the drive down, not a good day for playing outside at grandma's. My dad took Kendle to the farm with him (which she loves) and afterwards they went to the pumping station by the beach and also looked for some shells. What a lucky little girl to have such a good grandpa, they really have fun together. It was nice to just relax and visit with mom and we just watched a movie and then ordered Chinese food for dinner while Morgan left a hurricane of destruction wherever he went. I'm so glad my mom is so easy going when the grand kids are visiting and doesn't care about the little messes they make. She always tells me she'd rather have company in a messy house, than be alone in a clean one. As we were packing up our stuff to leave, Kendle did her usual Oscar worthy poor orphan child performance to convince grandma to let her spend the night. Of course it worked, and I was sent home with one less child. Needless to say it was a very quiet drive home.



Upon arriving home, I found the new little car Riley had purchased for work and we decided to take it for a little spin. We headed over to Sonic for a treat, and then drove around for a bit more. It will sure be nice to have another little vehicle that gets some good gas mileage.



It was great to wake up on Saturday and not have anything pressing to do. We tidied up the house a bit, ate some breakfast and read the paper. Very relaxing. Then we took our Durango over to this guy, who was going to help us fix our breaks. What a good guy. Thanks a bunch Mitch! Later that afternoon, my mom and my sister brought Kendle back and all of a sudden our quiet Saturday got turned up a few notches. We miss Kendle when she's gone, but the noise factor sure increases when she's home. We wouldn't have it any other way though, she does have the ability to keep things interesting and liven them up. That night Riley and I went and watched "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". It was just alright for me, the ending was kind of weird. Shia Labeouf pretty much was the high light of the movie to me. Afterwards we headed to Red robin for some late night snacking and to use up the gift card Riley's soccer team gave him. It was a fun night.

8 comments:

Kris said...

How cool that you were able to go and visit your mom. I would love to be only 40 minutes away from my family. You are so lucky, and I love what your mom says about having company in a dirty house. Your kids are so lucky. I want to see pictures of your new vehicle. How fun! Glad you had a nice weekend. Jack said the same thing about Indiana Jones. Wasn't his favorite!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I'm so jealous you live so close to Grandma Mel. She's the best. I think if my kids could, they'd pack up and move to Grandma Mel's for the summer. They have not stopped talking about the trampoline yet!

Marilyn said...

Sarah,

I love reading about your busy weekends. You guys know how to fill them up with tons of fun!

Brandon and I saw Indiana Jones opening weekend and we were SO disappointed. We love the trilogy, but this one just didn't do it for us. So lame.

Anonymous said...

i thought some pictures were going to load of your tub in shambles and riley in a metro. does he still have his truck? did work pay for the car? just wait til school's out...every day is a weekend!

Sarah said...

Nat-
He got a little '04 Dodge Neon and kept his truck. He thinks with the money he'll be saving on gas he can swing both payments with his work travel account. And what was I thinking not taking any pictures of the tub for my blog?!

Jan said...

Sarah, you got a lot done this weekend. Between the tub, car and then all the fun in between. Glad you got to visit with the parents. I am so sure they enjoyed that. Mitch is awesome. So glad we have great friends to rely on huh.

Take Care and have a fab week.

tharker said...

I am always amazed at how much your family can squeeze into a weekend and still have tons of fun in the process!

Your mom sounds like a good grandma for sure. I love the part about Kendle pulling out all the stops to stay the night. What a funny girl!

The Donald said...

I had to get a cracked tub fixed for the house we rent out. Not a fun job.

And Meatch fixed you brakes? I didn't realize my cousin was a brake man.