Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




July 14, 2009

19 weeks

*I hit the 19 week mark , but I seriously feel like I'm 6 or 7 months pregnant. I tried on a maternity dress for church on Sunday that I wore with Morgan when I was about 5 or 6 months pregnant and it was so tight around my rib cage I couldn't get it off and started to panic that I was going to have to cut it off.

*I feel like I have finally hit a stride where I am feeling really good with some motivation to get things done. On the flip-side of that, I am finding my patience is pretty thin these days and I have to keep reminding myself that my children will eventually grow up and become nice adults who probably don't want horrible memories of their mother yelling at them all day long. I never wanted to be a mom who yelled at her kids all of the time.

*My appetite has definitely kicked up a notch - I have to be careful with that. I feel really ravenous, but then I eat a little and feel full really fast. Not much room in the old tummy I guess. I've found myself watching the Food Network a lot more though in my spare time and am constantly telling Riley about all of these great recipes I want to try. Last night we had a "clean out the fridge" night and I made BBQ chicken sandwiches and deep fried zucchini. Yummy pregnancy meal right?

*I have to be really careful when I bend down or pick things up now. I have noticed that sometimes I get these weird pulling sensations on the sides of my stomach that are kind of painful. I don't know if I ever had those before with my other two pregnancies. It has been difficult for me to lift Morgan around and reign him in when he is looking like he is going to sprint off somewhere in public. It's amazing how much you really use your stomach muscles that you aren't aware of normally.

*I've noticed that if I'm listening to music or around loud noises I can feel lots of baby movements. I think that is interesting becuase Morgan and Kendle both did that too and they are both music lovers (and both very loud). Coincidence?

*Last night when we went to go play some soccer we were playing 2 on 1 - me and Kendle against Riley. I know Riley was probably taking it easy on us, but I have to say I schooled him a few times by stealing the ball from him and scoring. One time in particular he was thinking he was going to beat me down to his goal and I kicked the ball away from him and sent it down to Kendle at the other end so she could kick it in our goal. We had a lot of fun and I probably ran too much - I was very tired. He told me, not bad for a pregnant lady. Ha!

Can't believe I will be 20 weeks next week and we'll get to do our ultra sound. We're so excited!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that 3rd pregnancy is a whole new animal...it should come w/ a warning sign.(especially in your case) what's weird is that i felt better towards the end of it than i had w/ the others. i "couldn't" mop the floor but let me at that lawnmower! :) hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised yourself. i agree, a music lover in the womb is one outside as well! now, have you forgotten what day it is....HARRY POTTER!!!! kristen said she will get in line tonight at 6 when jack gets home.(well, that's when he's SUPPOSE to get home) if anyone knows where nancy mathews is, she's suppose to take kristen's place at 9 so kristen can go home and feed the baby. then i'll go at 9 so nan can go home and do the same w/ jack and brady and hopefully she'll come back and not have to work at greyhound. are you still in or are you already worn out from reading this? :) :) if your not tired than don't forget you're in charge of the snacks, fried zucchini, pickles, lots of chocolate,popcorn you sneak in from home and some of that parade candy that kendle said would last for months. and don't forget...you promised you'd dress up as hagrid!! who's shinning up the mini for tonight?

Kris said...

Oh my goodness, Nat, you are killing me. I'm glad I read this comment so I knew what my plans were for the night! :) Haha! It sounds like a great plan, and way too much time in line. But I know that's exactly how long people will stand in line for the showing. Sarah, the days of being young and your first pregnancy are long gone. Welcome to the 3rd/4th Pregnancy that makes you huge and uncomfortable long before you are ready. Great job with the soccer last night, but I can imagine how exhausted you are today. I love the 2nd Trimester where you feel so much better and can eat everything! I'm so excited for your ultrasound. IT will be so exciting to hear the news. Do you need me to watch the kids while you go?? I remember it being on the 23rd right?? That will work to watch them if you need. I've been meaning to call/email you this week. I guess I'll just catch up with you on your blog. I'm also just trying to have a longer comment than Nat. Did it work?? Haha! Have a good Harry Potter Night!

Heather said...

Schooling Riley is always a cause for celebration! Glad you can still keep up, and I can't wait for the news!

Sarah said...

Nat-
Your comment totally had me going for a minute. I thought you guys really had that all worked out. :)
Riley couldn't convince me to go to the midnight showing because I didn't think I could stay up that late. I think we're aiming for a Thursday matinee. Are you guys going tomorrow?

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that is funny sarah! shoot, might as well do it since i went to all the trouble of planning it and that is half the battle! :) oh wait, it's still at stinking midnight. i told bri he should go but then i realized the whole fam probably wants to see it. yeah, i think we're shooting for tommorrow. why are you waiting all the way til thursday! ha ha :)

tharker said...

I'm cracking up at Natallie's comment too :)

Sarah, I swear we could write each other's pregnancy posts. I'm reading through every paragraph, thinking "Yep..got that goin' on...and yes, that's me too right now" And so on, and so on.

I'm super uncomfortable already, but not in the belly area, it's more in the...er...down there area...yeah, it sucks...and I still have 21 weeks of this awesome uncomfortable stuff left...Awesome!

Lisa said...

Glad you are feeling better. Can't wait to find out what you are having!