Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 7, 2010

Wow, what a start to my day I've had.

Babies woke up at 1:30 am.

Riley and I could not get them fully back asleep until after 4:00 am.

I overslept and woke up to 7:40 staring me in the face on my clock.

I leaped out of bed and had 15 minutes to get Kendle ready and out the door for school.

7:56 am - Kendle is on her way down the sidewalk for the bus after a race of sheer will against time.

7:57 am - I'm thinking I'll sneak back to bed for a little bit since my mind is loopy and I am EXHAUSTED.

Crawled under the blankets at 7:59.

Cooper woke up at 8:00 on the dot. *&%$@#!!!

Is it possible to be so tired that your brain actually hurts? Ya, I'm there, my brain is mush.

I'm not going to even tease myself with the idea of going back to bed because I know as soon as I do Kale will wake up.

Oh joy, now Morgan's awake and spraying down the bathroom with the spray bottle and doing who knows what else while I feed the baby. GAHHH!

I know I will look back and miss these days right?!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man sarah...*&%$*!!! that was funny. i actually had a bad word pop into my mind as i read that. not even sure i saw the symbols! i was just there in the moment with you. when that happens, do you stop breathing for a second and you're heart skips a beat? i think they call that fear... fear, panic, exhaustion, frustration and a little anger, all mixed in one awful realization. of course you're going to miss it. women are messed up like that! :) :) :) it's probably another adverse side effect of childbirth on the body.

Anonymous said...

i'm going to bring you something...and no, it's not an coffee i.v. if you don't get the door, i'll understand. but then i may have to eat it myself :(

PRP said...

Oh man, so sorry. Hang in there. You are a warrior and will survive!

Anonymous said...

Oof! I think there are certain things about "these days" you will miss, but many of the items listed here will probably not be on that list.

tharker said...

What a morning! I know what you mean about being so tired that your brain is resembling oatmeal.

Yes, you will miss these days...okay maybe not this day in particular...but you know what I mean ;)

Marilyn said...

Oh, Sarah, I feel for you! I can only imagine! Hope today is better!

Jackie said...

I think babies are wasted on the young...I woke up this morning at 1 and 4 wide awake. I could have easily rocked a baby to keep me company. Isn't that one of the ironies of life. Well, find a gramma and move her in.