Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




June 15, 2010

Catching Up

We have had so many things going on as is usual for this time of year. We've been wrapping up sports seasons, getting ready for school to be out, celebrating birthdays and more.

Saturday Kendle had her last softball games of the season. She had a lot of fun playing and making new friends this year. She said her favorite position to play was 3rd base. She also picked the number 5 to wear on her jersey as a tribute to her old mother. Here are a few pictures Kristen took for me:





{Riley got roped into umping again}




I'm glad Kendle had a good attitude and tried her best during the games. We've got things to work on for next season and look forward to maybe playing some more softball in the fall.


Yesterday was also Kendle's last day of second grade. I was more sad than I was last year for first grade. I think it just has to do with the fact that she is growing up so fast and third grade sounds so old! We really enjoyed Kendle's teacher Mrs. Coronado this year and all the extra efforts she made on Kendle's behalf and all of the positivity she gave Kendle. We will miss her. They had an assembly and Kendle got a Star Ship McGee Award for "Responsibility". Once again, something I wish could translate into her home life. Ha! Good job Kendle.

Some fun facts about Kendle's second grade year according to her:

Favorite Activity: Chinese New Year Unit. They had a dragon parade, ate fortune cookies and Chinese food and learned about the culture.

Favorite Classmate: Jasmine (who also lives down the street)

Favorite *Special* Class: Art

Favorite Activity at Recess: The monkey bars

Favorite Day of the Week: Mondays (When I asked her why she said it was the day they got to go back to school. I think most kids would say Friday.)


Here are some pictures from her last day at school:







Way to go Kendle. Glad you had a great year. On to third grade!

*More to come tomorrow on Morgan's Birthday and how we celebrated the last day of school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know - 3rd grade for some reason sounds so much older than 2nd grade. My how the time flies!

Kris said...

Some of those baseball pictures aren't that great. Sorry about the bad photograghy! :) I do like the one of Riley umping the game though! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that gets emotional when the school year ends. It really does make you realize that life is flashing before your eyes. I'm in suspense about your fun Last day of school! Can't wait to hear about it!

tharker said...

She is such a cool girl! (and I really don't even know her ;) I'm glad she had a great year!