Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




July 1, 2010

4th of July Desserts

I loved this roundup from the kitchn on making some patriotic inspired desserts for your 4th of July celebrations.


This blueberry star cake is beautiful:








And you can't go wrong with Ina Garten's flag cake:








Or if you're trying to take a healthier route, this fruit platter makes a

pretty display:







In the past we've also done simple things for the kids like patriotic colored star shaped sugar cookies and those red/white/and blue rocket popsicles are always a hit as well.

I wish I could be baking up some sweet treats for the 4th, but I'm busy packing for our weekend away in Portland. Riley's team is playing in the Portland Cup and we are making a family trip out of it. We'll be hanging out at my brother Jeremy's on Saturday - barbecuing it up in their gorgeous backyard, visiting, playing, doing some fireworks, and having a good old time. The kids are excited to play with their cousins and swim in the hotel pool. And we may just have a few surprises up our sleeve.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the kabob idea. So cute! And yummy.

Anonymous said...

jealous, so jealous. but we are fortunate to have some home town fun right in our own backyards :)have an awesome 4th with your family sarah!

tharker said...

I think those kabobs look so yummy!!!