Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




November 12, 2010

Break Day

It's Friday. What to say? The kids had yesterday off for Veteran's Day and today off for a "break day",  yes a four day weekend around here. Wish we had some exciting plans or a weekend away, but we are sticking close to home. Riley's team will be traveling to Federal Way tomorrow morning for their quarterfinals game against Decatur. The kids and I will be staying at home for this one, but my best thoughts will be going out strong all day long for them. It will be a nerve wracking day since their game doesn't start until 6:00. That is a long time to be nervous!

Our kids were up and at em super early this morning. I wish just for once that on a day off from school there could be some sort of quiet spell that falls over our little house and I can stay curled up in my warm bed for a while longer. Riley was up at 4:30 so he could leave by five o'clock to drive to Cle Elum for work this morning, so I guess I had kind of been dozing off and on since then. We woke up to a white and frosty front yard, but now the sun is shining bright and melting the frost away.

I'm trying to think of what I can do to keep the kids busy and occupied today so that I can get some work done. I literally have 101 projects and things that need to be started and/or finished. I had Kendle and Morgan bundle up and walk down to get the mail this morning since I hadn't checked it in a few days, and Kendle was excited to see the new Children's Friend arrive, so at least that is keeping her busy for now. The babies enjoyed a nice warm bath this morning and I think more water ends up out of the bath tub than in it. Now they are mosying around the house in their matching Batman outifts. Morgan is already asking if it's lunch time yet. It's not even 9:30. Could be a long day.

Well, time to turn some holiday music on and clean up the house.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Riley travels a lot. YOu are such a good wife that is supportive and loving! No school for us either. Today would be nice to have a playdate with you....! :) The sun is shining here. Can't believe I'm hearing Christmas Music. It can't be Christmas til we get into our house! :)