Here's what's been going on:
Thursday I was able to accompany Morgan on his preschool teddy bear picnic. They got to take pictures at the park, play on the toys, have a snack, and do a science experiment. We also saw lots of wildlife including squirrels, geese, and bugs. After arriving back at Miss Molly's house, they set free the butterflies they had been raising and we watched them fly away. It was a super fun morning.
Friday night I was able to get away for a few hours and be treated to a belated birthday dinner by some great friends. It is always so fun to catch up with everyone on what they have been doing and we always seem to have three or four different conversations going on at once. I love these "mini reunions". I think the people at the restaurant were glad when we finally left as we can tend to laugh and talk kind of loudly I'm sure. So fun though, and can't wait to get together with them again.
Saturday night we sat out in the big old storm to watch the Southridge Boys come away with their first ever win against Pasco and also their school's first ever boys soccer regional championship. It was so awesome, who cared that we were all soaking wet! It would take too long to write about just how crazy that game was -- but it is enough to say that it seemed like mother nature and everything else in the balance of the universe was throwing everything they had at those boys and they still came out on top. They play their first state playoff game tomorrow night, it's loser out so we're hoping it's not going to the be the end of the road for the boys. Just so happy for the way the boys played and kept it classy.
Do you ever feel like you are on a never ending sprint? This week is going to be another crazy one. Kendle has her piano recital tonight and another game on Wednesday. (Luckily she doesn't have a game tonight like they usually do.) She's been practicing her songs for a while and I think she will do good, and I'm ready to hear some new songs. Ha! If Riley's team wins again tomorrow night, I *think* they will play at home again this weekend. Add in some field trips for Morgan's preschool, softball and soccer practice, and some visiting teaching and I think we have multiple things going on just about every day this week.
The other night while being a taxi driver for Kendle to and from practice, I realized that I really do enjoy the hustle and bustle to some degree. It can get a bit much some days, but for the most part it feels good doing productive things with our time. I know otherwise I would just be bored or forced to spend more time cleaning my house right?! Quite often I feel like the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland singing,
"I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date. No time to say hello, goodbye - I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"
My house and our dinner times really do suffer this time of year, but summer will be here soon enough and the long lazy days will stretch out in front of us with time to kill. Hopefully..............
May 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I still can't believe you guys toughed out that crazy storm on Saturday. You're awesome!! We were at the temple, and I when we were finished, I made Spencer pull up to the front and I used my temple bag as an umbrella...yeah, I'm a wuss ;)
I know what you mean about the crazy busy times. Sometimes I just want life to slow down, but other times it makes me think of how thankful I am to have this loud, slightly crazy family to taxi around. Even if I complain at times, secretly I love it :)
Post a Comment